Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the people completely down playing this are going to be wrong. Roanoke and Blacksburg reporting snow? Come on, anybody up here who gets decent precip is going to see some snow. And from the look of that radar it's hard to think DC won't get decent precip. If I'm wrong somebody can rub my face in it tomorrow.

I think the people completely down playing this are going to be wrong. Roanoke and Blacksburg reporting snow? Come on, anybody up here who gets decent precip is going to see some snow. And from the look of that radar it's hard to think DC won't get decent precip. If I'm wrong somebody can rub my face in it tomorrow.

Yep, it's been snowing for a couple hours now. Many of the forecasts had a rain/sleet mix and didn't count on snow. Blacksburg just panicked and issued a WWA all the way down to Boone. 

Completely agree. I mean it is downpouring snow here right now. Once you get under this shield of precip it drops the temp. Mine says 36 on here but my actual weather station at my house is down to 32 and the streets are completely snow covered now. Huge flakes falling. Was this wall of precip modeled earlier today? Didn't have much access to the models today.

All day such advisories have moved closer to us.  We still have to see what happens, but if even Montgomery County gets 1-2" of snow I hope the negative nellies and their endorsers can modify their approach or hit the road.

One thing to remember is that MoCo unlike Fauquier is not divided into two zones. Places like Damascus are vastly different than Silver Spring. The advisory is probably not really for eastern MoCo. 

Look how it's slanted ene to wsw. It's already displaying some tipping negative characteristics.

I thought you were right all along about the cold. As wxUSA said (I think) cad is not some weenieism. It's almost always under modeled, and northern stream or no, it's hard to overcome a 1036 in Maine.

Archived