Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's currently 33 with moderate snow here in Roanoke this evening. I'm very pleasantly surprised. Everything covered. Hopefully this bodes well for all you folks up to my north. Was the radar presentation modeled to look this good at this point. I know the 9hr NAM total precip has .75 of liquid for my area. Originally from NW CT so somewhat jealous right now. Good luck to those is NE MD hopefully something will come out of this to everyone who has been in the snow drought now I know what you all felt when I was being plastered.

ot

I listened to that entire game on the radio (out drinkin')

I'm no ice hockey fan but that surely was sweet

Continue OT for one moment. I will never forget that moment and feeling. Was 10. Back on topic, maybe we all wake up with a surprise miracle, though maybe we have the better chance (I guess) for the wrap around tomorrow night. I'll keep hope alive. Punting sucks!

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC309 PM EST THU FEB 7 2013VAZ036>040-042-501-080415-/O.NEW.KLWX.WW.Y.0010.130208T0500Z-130208T1500Z/NELSON-ALBEMARLE-GREENE-MADISON-RAPPAHANNOCK-LOUDOUN-NORTHERN FAUQUIER-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHARLOTTESVILLE...WASHINGTON...LEESBURG...WARRENTON309 PM EST THU FEB 7 2013...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO10 AM EST FRIDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HASISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR A WINTRY MIX...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 10 AM EST FRIDAY.* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION UP TO 1 INCH. UP TO  A FEW HUNDREDTHS OF AN INCH OF ICE FROM FREEZING RAIN MAINLY ALONG  THE BLUE RIDGE.* TIMING...PRECIPITATION WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA OVERNIGHT AND  TRANSITION TO RAIN BY MID MORNING.* TEMPERATURES...LOWER 30S.* WINDS...EAST 5 MPH OR LESS.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC309 PM EST THU FEB 7 2013VAZ036>040-042-501-080415-/O.NEW.KLWX.WW.Y.0010.130208T0500Z-130208T1500Z/NELSON-ALBEMARLE-GREENE-MADISON-RAPPAHANNOCK-LOUDOUN-NORTHERN FAUQUIER-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHARLOTTESVILLE...WASHINGTON...LEESBURG...WARRENTON309 PM EST THU FEB 7 2013...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO10 AM EST FRIDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HASISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR A WINTRY MIX...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 10 AM EST FRIDAY.* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION UP TO 1 INCH. UP TO  A FEW HUNDREDTHS OF AN INCH OF ICE FROM FREEZING RAIN MAINLY ALONG  THE BLUE RIDGE.* TIMING...PRECIPITATION WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA OVERNIGHT AND  TRANSITION TO RAIN BY MID MORNING.* TEMPERATURES...LOWER 30S.* WINDS...EAST 5 MPH OR LESS.

I saw the exact wording for the Philly area except it's advisory area has moved south. Can't be a bad thing.

Archived