Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seems in line with last run. Not the improvement we need. The real question is how does the .5 fall. In light spurts of .1 over 24 hours or in a thump. Big difference.

mostly in 12 hrs or so.. seems a bit west of everything else. sref tends to have a more expansive western edge than actual sometimes.

I think that is because the SREF usually have a few members that go off the reservation and spread out the mean.

Yeah. This one looks like a pretty tight western edge outside some general lighter activity. SREF probably too far west with heavier.

there is never precip to the left of these lows

That has been because of the northern branch influence on these storms of late.  If it was a true miller a it would develop a true CCB and mature faster and spread out...but these miller b type systems wrap up very tight.  It will spread out once it phases but too late for us.  We know the drill. 

looking at SREF and NAM, I am starting to think there is a chance that northern NJ might end up a good place to be for this one.  There is actually a risk that eastern Mass might dry slot now.  Don;'t get me wrong everyone up there is ending up over 12" but where that band sets up and dumps 20" plus might be further west. 

Archived