Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richmond gets 2 inches of water and Psuhoffman tries telling me its not a miller a gulf low

This is a Miller B.... Are there 2 surface lows? Yes. Primary low inland tracking to our NW? Yes. Coastal low taking over and rapidly strengthening at our latitude or north? Yes. DC and Baltimore getting squat while NE gets pasted? YES(normally the case with Miller Bs)

Richmond getting some significant rain does not make this a Miller A lol. There is always variability-  not every case is textbook. But the way this storm evolves, it can clearly be characterized as a Milller B.

This is a Miller B.... Are there 2 surface lows? Yes. Primary low inland tracking to our NW? Yes. Coastal low taking over and rapidly strengthening at our latitude or north? Yes. DC and Baltimore getting squat while NE gets pasted? YES(normally the case with Miller Bs)

Richmond getting some significant rain does not make this a Miller A lol. There is always variability-  not every case is textbook. But the way this storm evolves, it can clearly be characterized as a Milller B.

it looks to me like it is 2 separate lows that consolidate over the benchmark

I was hoping the overnight runs got dramatically better.  Tony Pann sounded bullish for tomorrow on WBAL..."snow/sleet/freezing rain in the morning, then rain, then snow".  

I haven't been able to bring myself to look at any runs until this morning when I resigned myself to the notion that NE was going to get hammered while we avoided the tv all weekend to avoid the coverage.  Looking only at the 6z gfs, I'm happy to not only see that NE might not get the fabled historic event, but we may actually get a little love.

I haven't been able to bring myself to look at any runs until this morning when I resigned myself to the notion that NE was going to get hammered while we avoided the tv all weekend to avoid the coverage.  Looking only at the 6z gfs, I'm happy to not only see that NE might not get the fabled historic event, but we may actually get a little love.

If I was NE of Baltimore, I might have a little hope for some backlash flurries, but most of us are probably not going to see anything.  I see 6z GFS clownmaps show some snow for DC-Baltimore, but surface temps seem above freezing the whole time where it says "snow" is falling.  North of Philly and that area might see a few inches from the CCB/deform zone wrapping up.  

Double edged sword for people here.  Only way we see something is hope for the juiced up Euro/CRAS/NAM etc runs which will give BOS their 3' snow.  If we want them to get screwed then hope for the last couple GFS runs where it goes east and is dry.  But that will keep us in the breeze and cold sprinkles.

If I was NE of Baltimore, I might have a little hope for some backlash flurries, but most of us are probably not going to see anything.  I see 6z GFS clownmaps show some snow for DC-Baltimore, but surface temps seem above freezing the whole time where it says "snow" is falling.  North of Philly and that area might see a few inches from the CCB/deform zone wrapping up.  

I hear you.  I am not delusional, and have zero expectations other than knowing I'll wish that at some point this winter we could get even half of what sne may see this weekend.

In four days this thread will be pinned.  :)

I hope so but it's hard to say at this point. Punting it is foolish though. The only difference with 6z is it doesn't leave any ul energy behind next week's cutter. Trough has energy but with a pos tilt it just washes together. A zillion things can change and it's far from a non-event unless you want to take lr surface panels verbatim. That has such a history of working well for forecasting though. 

the one thing I can't figure out is how the he!! did the Euro latch onto this thing so far in advance and end up being right

it didn't do that with any of our blizzards in 09/10; in fact, except for maybe 1/96, I don't recall it doing this this far out for any big snow

How is anything right, yet?

Archived