• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 2-3 Clipper Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

This is just sad - observation threads about flurries.  This is what our mid-atlantic winter has come to.  The most exciting event all winter was the 70 degree days and flooding rains last week.  Shouldn't we put a fork in this thing?

It's definitely frustrating, but we still have time -- remember how bad '09 looked until we finally pulled out a surprise on March 1 (except the areas further west).  Also, most winters that have no 4" or better storms tend to be much warmer, like 0 days of 32 or below max.  We are getting pretty good cold shots, so one of these times things will come together.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's definitely frustrating, but we still have time -- remember how bad '09 looked until we finally pulled out a surprise on March 1 (except the areas further west). Also, most winters that have no 4" or better storms tend to be much warmer, like 0 days of 32 or below max. We are getting pretty good cold shots, so one of these times things will come together.

DCA has only had one winter with no highs below freezing and it was 33 so I doubt most places have had a winter without a subfreezing high.

Back into the lgt/mod stuff, but no sticking anymore. In fact, a good portion of what fell between 8-9 am has melted so it looks like just mood snow on and off the remainder of the day. DC looks to get in on this latest batch. Enjoy a great winter Super Bowl day!!

Back into the lgt/mod stuff, but no sticking anymore. In fact, a good portion of what fell between 8-9 am has melted so it looks like just mood snow on and off the remainder of the day. DC looks to get in on this latest batch. Enjoy a great winter Super Bowl day!!

Yes, "mood snow" is the perfect term -- family and I made the similar comments walking out of church. Can't remember ever living around here, with light, non-wind-driven snow falling for a couple hours but not really sticking. Pretty, but...inconsequential. I'll take what I can get at this point.

True, you should be alright. Coming down hard in that via friend. DC looks primed for this first batch.

i'd probably rather be a bit south. the mid/back end is expanding north a bit but im not far from the northern tip of dc. i'll def see some flakeage.

such a weird pattern. im almost forgetting winter sucks since i never knew it could snow here every day.

Archived