BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 1 clipper obs and discussion

usedtobe

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT for a sec - did someone say Kettering?  I was there until 1978 and saw the tornado that blasted thru in Sept 1971.  It was one of the things that got me into weather.  A carport a few doors down was destroyed.

Germantown winding down now...looks like 1/2 to 2/3".  At one point it looked so good with mod/hvy snow with small, wind-whipped flakes.

Onto Saturday night

OT for a sec - did someone say Kettering? I was there until 1978 and saw the tornado that blasted thru in Sept 1971. It was one of the things that got me into weather. A carport a few doors down was destroyed.

Germantown winding down now...looks like 1/2 to 2/3". At one point it looked so good with mod/hvy snow with small, wind-whipped flakes.

Onto Saturday night

Lol

Neighbors. Bennington Drive. I remember the tornado well. It was during Agnes and there were several houses damaged right in that area.

Ground is covered here.

Lol

Neighbors. Bennington Drive. I remember the tornado well. It was during Agnes and there were several houses damaged right in that area.

Ground is covered here.

Wow, our house was at the corner of Kettering and Bennington Drives.  Moved to northern Calvert in 1978 and  all my family is still there, but having a job in DC, I relocated to Germantown to, among other things, have better winters LOL.

We are done here now -- this shall be known as the Pushbroom Winter...six snows, all 1" or less.  Going out now with the trust wide pushbroom to take care of the drive way.

Archived