• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 1 clipper obs and discussion

usedtobe

I'll wager you at least a hundred dollars that the principal band is going to dump on central VA with a bullseye on Fredericksburg.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/northeast_loop.php - That band is developing big time over central VA.

While this has principally been a Trinidad-tracked winter (lows track from Texas into the Great Lakes, classic Trinidad-A tracks), with DCA in the warm sector, those systems that do manage to give us a few flurries have always slammed the hell out of the mts or central VA, typically Fredericksburg or Richmond or both.

Its tough to find a winter when Richmond or Fredericksburg beats out DCA on total snow in a winter but I'll bet you this is that winter.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this clipper is nothing but a g&ddamn TEASE.

why on earth did I ever stay up for this shyte?

this "storm" is nothing but a tease. radar shows snow. weather bug says light snow.

I look outside. INCREDIBLE flizzard!!!!1! About 9000 feet over my house

this winter sucks gigantic, hairy goat balls the size of a supercluster

final nail in the coffin for this clipper: 99 percent of the energy moved SSE into the mountains of SW Virginia and western North Carolina. NWS just updated our forecast - Chance of snow today - mostly before 7am, accums of less than half an inch.  The model that called for a quarter of a tenth of an inch of qpf was right on the money. We need to worship that model this entire month.

radar shows more and more returns. yet, we have 12 mile visibility with nothing, not even one rimed snow crystal.

I can't believe NWS set categorical pops for today: 80 percent chc of snow! What a hoot! Where did they get their met degrees from? A psychic?

I absolutely HATE this damned winter. I HATE this damned winter far worse than ebola!

this clipper is nothing but a g&ddamn TEASE.

why on earth did I ever stay up for this shyte?

this "storm" is nothing but a tease. radar shows snow. weather bug says light snow.

I look outside. INCREDIBLE flizzard!!!!1! About 9000 feet over my house

this winter sucks gigantic, hairy goat balls the size of a supercluster

final nail in the coffin for this clipper: 99 percent of the energy moved SSE into the mountains of SW Virginia and western North Carolina. NWS just updated our forecast - Chance of snow today - mostly before 7am, accums of less than half an inch.  The model that called for a quarter of a tenth of an inch of qpf was right on the money. We need to worship that model this entire month.

radar shows more and more returns. yet, we have 12 mile visibility with nothing, not even one rimed snow crystal.

I can't believe NWS set categorical pops for today: 80 percent chc of snow! What a hoot! Where did they get their met degrees from? A psychic?

I absolutely HATE this damned winter. I HATE this damned winter far worse than ebola!

You will get at least a car top dusting when the pivot band comes through.

Southern Maryland is getting obliterated. It is under one immense green blob of torrential snow. I'd venture to say they just might end up with 4-6 inches of snow by 8am.

Some light snow still falling here. I am very grateful for my quarter inch of snow on my car :snowing:

Green bands move real quick east. Short but sweet.

So far this winter I have seen approximately 2 inches of snow. One and a half of cold dry snow, a quarter inch of wet glop and then a quarter inch of wet snow tonight.

This is much better than a true shutout with no snow at all.

EDIT - Radar shows bands east of me, nothing overhead. So why is it still snowing? Hmmmmm.

Archived