• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 1 clipper obs and discussion

usedtobe

Lwx is covering the entire cwa. These types of events like to paste an are the size of a county. A small are getting much more than everyone else is much easier to *explain* than vice versa.

If the rap @ 5 and 850 actually verified then more explaining will be necessary but thats a lower prob than a non event for most. I'm huggin the rap though. More fun that way

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what it looks like in terms of uvv. The sounding do look interesting in terms of having a lapse rate that is moist adiabatic. The worry with the RAP is that it will continue to get a little drier each run.

Looks like cold will soon come back after feb 10-14 warm period

During the last clipper at least to me the RAP seemed to be too heavy in its longer ranges and then slowly wound down towards what actually happened. The nighttime clipper, I have no clue how it did.

The night clipper was pretty steady. The Friday storm it started me off good, backed away, the gradually got better as the morning wore on. Of course, I tend to just see what it does here.

I thought it did well with Dec 29.

think 14th Street jet crash in DC, then the subway accident the same day

5-6" across the area and then a few more moderate events that winter; cold too

after the lousy winter of 80/81, it felt real snowy

and you make me feel old as I was in my 2nd year of law school that winter clerking for a politician wannabe named Lincoln  :P

Wow and I thought I was old compared to half the kids on these weather boards. You sure you did not clerk for George Washington :bag: .

Maybe after midnight, the RAP will start to show something better again... lol

it was probably too wet earlier but it's still maxing around .1" in the band which is about what you expect with a clipper.

hrrr has similar max. not much as changed with the idea of up to 1" or so.. someone might max higher, but who knows exactly who or where tho for once dc seems like an ok spot as a center.

im not sure any of the airports even hit .1" on last weeks clippers?

post-1615-0-07448900-1359689351_thumb.pn

Archived