Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 1 clipper obs and discussion

usedtobe

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does your site have a 12 hour total?

yeah it just all comes in 6 hours but i guess you want your area... here's 15 hours:

http://www.twisterdata.com/data/models/rap/255/maps/2013/01/31/21/RAP_255_2013013121_F17_PCPIN_15_HR.png

there is more after to the NE but it puts a label right over DC which makes it hard to see the contours.

I had forgotten how nice the twister precip was on RAP.  Now we've got the RAP and NAM.  What more could we want?

yeah i almost never look at the rap but it's nice to get a longer than 1 hour look at precip. now we just need the cras. anyone check the hrrr yet?

yeah it just all comes in 6 hours but i guess you want your area... here's 15 hours:

http://www.twisterdata.com/data/models/rap/255/maps/2013/01/31/21/RAP_255_2013013121_F17_PCPIN_15_HR.png

there is more after to the NE but it puts a label right over DC which makes it hard to see the contours.

Thanks Ian. Looks to really get going after its past me. That area just to your east looks sweet. This might just be the DC surprise you guys have needed.

I know this....I trust the RAP. It's been really good, IMO. I've followed it closely in every event so far. It tends to waver in the 12+ range, but is usually solid inside of that.

One of the ways to get accum snow east of the mtns with systems like this is to get a surface low to get going and deepen as it passes. Rap looks nice.

Some of our biggest surprises have come from lows that pop and crank just to the south of us. This one definitely will not be a big surprise but the n side band could be really sweet for a bit.

Archived