• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 1 clipper obs and discussion

usedtobe

I'm probably one of a very few here who is ready for it to warm up.  Wind and bitter cold (25 degrees right now), with occasional flurries and car-top snow - bah, who needs it.  Sure, I'll enjoy the clippers if they actually happen for my area, but I am truly looking forward to the warm up after next week.

We had a +6 December followed by a +4 January.........is that not enough warmth?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brisk and biting out there, winds chills in low teens.

Models will try to move this pattern out too quick, already seeing that, 48 hours ago poroections were for Mon and Tuesday to be near 50, may not in fact even top 40, call for afternoon temps today in mid 30's also off a bit.

These clippers zipping about every 2-3 days is ususally an entrenched pattern for a week or longer.

I'm probably one of a very few here who is ready for it to warm up.  Wind and bitter cold (25 degrees right now), with occasional flurries and car-top snow - bah, who needs it.  Sure, I'll enjoy the clippers if they actually happen for my area, but I am truly looking forward to the warm up after next week.

I'm in the very small minority here in that I hate snow and cold.  As an avid golfer, I prefer mild to hot weather year round! Weather-wise, I'm more interested in storms and severe thunderstorms.  However, if it is going to be cold, then I'd rather have snow.  What you said...cold, dry, and whipping winds...bleh!

Archived