Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 1 clipper obs and discussion

usedtobe

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some thoughts...

1) i think this is the type of event that was more enjoyable prior to all the access to forums, data, models, etc.  in the 80s, i'd wake up as a kid and be excited about a squall that may not have been predicted.  it's a quick, enjoyable little snow shower that probably deserved very little time spent tracking.

2) i also think we are now the nations "car topper" capital.

3) this was a pretty wild weather week.

4) i'm glad it's friday.

it's real and amazing

I'm probably one of a very few here who is ready for it to warm up.  Wind and bitter cold (25 degrees right now), with occasional flurries and car-top snow - bah, who needs it.  Sure, I'll enjoy the clippers if they actually happen for my area, but I am truly looking forward to the warm up after next week.

I'm probably one of a very few here who is ready for it to warm up.  Wind and bitter cold (25 degrees right now), with occasional flurries and car-top snow - bah, who needs it.  Sure, I'll enjoy the clippers if they actually happen for my area, but I am truly looking forward to the warm up after next week.

I was mainly noting it because it's certainly real at this pt tho it's not a true 'issue' till about the 15th probably. I like all seasons.. I like the transition. It's all interesting. This is about as wintry a day as we've had given the temps, snow, wind etc. But you can really tell we're digging out of the dark days etc at this pt. I'll root for any snow, but I'll also embrace losing SAD.

I was mainly noting it because it's certainly real at this pt tho it's not a true 'issue' till about the 15th probably. I like all seasons.. I like the transition. It's all interesting. This is about as wintry a day as we've had given the temps, snow, wind etc. But you can really tell we're digging out of the dark days etc at this pt. I'll root for any snow, but I'll also embrace losing SAD.

The consistent low wind chill today makes this one of the more wintry feeling days this year. About the SAD phenomenon I read that although it is a very real thing it generally only occurs in people with abnormally large heads...what are your thoughts on that?

The consistent low wind chill today makes this one of the more wintry feeling days this year. About the SAD phenomenon I read that although it is a very real thing it generally only occurs in people with abnormally large heads...what are your thoughts on that?

I don't see any evidence of that in google. Maybe you mean abnormally large something else.

I'm of the same mind. I loved looking outside yesterday and being surprised and happy that it was already 5:15 since it was still pretty light out. Of course, if we'd have gotten a food snow the day before, it would have been even better.

I'm of the same mind. I loved looking outside yesterday and being surprised and happy that it was already 5:15 since it was still pretty light out. Of course, if we'd have gotten a food snow the day before, it would have been even better.

i love food snow

I don't suffer SAD, but I do enjoy being outside.  A sunny 50 degree day is easier to enjoy than a windy, 25 degree day.  I know the temperatures were colder last week, but the wind today has made the 25 degrees feel brutal.  Not to mention, two days of near-70 degree temperatures and the heavy rain Wednesday has me craving spring and thunderstorms.  But yeah - you can really see the difference in the evening now with it staying lighter longer.

Archived