BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 1 clipper obs and discussion

usedtobe

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i figured they did better down there.....but yeah...if the same as us then 0.2 - 0.4" sounds right....someone in DE is going to get 100"

yeah im jealous. :(

DCA was pretty mild when it started too as Wes alludes to.. they just barely missed that first band which added to some totals

got a little less than .5" here but will round..

A solid 0.8, had to take several measurements as wind stripped snow off many locations and a few spots next to objects had close to 2 inches. Highest wind was 38 mph at 5:55 am. Just a few flurries now, exact doubling of yesterdays (0.4, 0.02 vs 0.8, 0.04) a nice 20-1. I saw a report next county over of 3.5 on a 0.08 liquid?!? Wow.

Wow, I got a full inch of snow out of this.  Surprised, because everyone was talking like it would be further south from DC that got the heavier stuff and the eastern shore.

not sure why anyone tries to get too specific with these thin bands of goodness. tho i think there was fairly clear indication that east was better on the models.

Good for you all south and east of me. Not much up here, so far just about 1/4 of an inch with the first band. Freshened everything up nicely.

Yeah got about a quarter inch here too. Was really pretty coming down when I got up at 7 and walked the dog

Heavy snow on drive from my house in N Caroline county towards Easton. Slacked up a lot when I got to Easton, but wind has picked up here. Was defo S+ in Caroline and Queen Annes counties, very low visibility, and main roads were even snow covered despite recent warmth and all the salt. Going to be some 3 inch amounts in that sweet spot.

not sure why anyone tries to get too specific with these thin bands of goodness. tho i think there was fairly clear indication that east was better on the models.

That, plus the temps here were well below freezing which made it easy to accumulate, 27 at the start of the snow (most of which I slept through) and down to 24 with gusty winds now.

1.6 here and still lightly falling. I am probably about 8 miles from Edgewater (an apparent sweet spot).

AAco schools went on time, but 2 of the neighbor kids stood out waiting for their bus for about 30 minutes. Finally, a car came and picked them up. Something's wrong.

ETA:  the late bus just came for the younger kids. I don't know what happened to the middle school bus. Our road is snowy. Not bad, but worse than last week when they did (laughably) delay school.

Archived