Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 1 clipper obs and discussion

usedtobe

https://plus.google.com/111657025083618284781/posts/2yGK61UT1Mc

Brief video from MBY, around 7 a.m. when the last bit of the final band was pivoting through. That last punch probably brought us up to .5 to .6 on grassy surfaces. Sun breaking through the exiting clouds to the east now, but clouds darkening to the west once more...

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no sun angle problem at least

I'm sure that helped....it started snowing around 5:15 or so with the temp around 28 then it kept dropping until it got down to a shade under 23. I would imagine it wasn't very much liquid but the rates were good and the flake size was awesome. Streets gave up almost immediately.

Very fun hour...I am like Matt, I love all snow no matter how small or fast. I never will poo poo any type of snowfall. This was great.

I'm sure that helped....it started snowing around 5:15 or so with the temp around 28 then it kept dropping until it got down to a shade under 23. I would imagine it wasn't very much liquid but the rates were good and the flake size was awesome. Streets gave up almost immediately.

Very fun hour...I am like Matt, I love all snow no matter how small or fast. I never will poo poo any type of snowfall. This was great.

I think anyone who was up specifically to watch it loves snow. I'd still much rather have caught Wes' band. Not going to pretend 1/2" is awesome for more than 20 min.

Archived