• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 1 clipper obs and discussion

usedtobe

The 18Z NAm trended wetter for tonight,  Looks like it has .10.so someone has decent chance at get a 0.50 if half right.  If it were really trustworthy and didn't have a slightly wet bias, maybe an inch.  I'd put that on the lower end of probabilities but it's not impossible for it to happen.   It will be interesting to see how wet the GFS ends up.  Clipper are tricky little beasts. 

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 18Z NAm trended wetter for tonight,  Looks like it has .10.so someone has decent chance at get a 0.50 if half right.  If it were really trustworthy and didn't have a slightly wet bias, maybe an inch.  I'd put that on the lower end of probabilities but it's not impossible for it to happen.   It will be interesting to see how wet the GFS ends up.  Clipper are tricky little beasts. 

temps are a good bit more iffy than last week.. hurts ratios?

GFS has the better stripe further north and west....Just one time I want to be Lexington Park MD or Bluemont VA and get 5.5" from a clipper when everyone else gets 0.8"

GFS has the better stripe further north and west....Just one time I want to be Lexington Park MD or Bluemont VA and get 5.5" from a clipper when everyone else gets 0.8"

You're not the only one. Clippers always produce such a small "jackpot" area that most of us miss the good stuff.  I'm starting to wonder whether someone will see a stripe of an inch or two.  It is a pretty nice vort. I wish it had more of a surface feature to work with.

You're not the only one. Clippers always produce such a small "jackpot" area that most of us miss the good stuff.  I'm starting to wonder whether someone will see a stripe of an inch or two.  It is a pretty nice vort. I wish it had more of a surface feature to work with.

RAP says IAN sees 1-2" in 45 minutes

Kiss of death? Really?

Since there's a string lined up over the next 4-5 days maybe change the title to cover all of them? That might trick the voodoo hex thing from cancelling tonight's.

wes is such a weenie starting a clipper thread

temps are a good bit more iffy than last week.. hurts ratios?

it's really cold above the surface where the snow is forming so the flakes won't be rimes.  I think they'll be be dendrites mixed with plates. I'd guess the ratios would be 15-1 or so but wish Brian would come and tell me what the Roebber scheme is showing. 

the 18z RAP gave DCA 0.18" before it cut off....20z looks like it tops that

I'm starting to feel it....is this the big one of the year? The mother of all storms so far?

I said it before....get enough of these little buggers and a mild to modest surprise becomes more and more likely. At least for an area the size of the average county. Which county though?

I'm starting to feel it....is this the big one of the year? The mother of all storms so far?

I said it before....get enough of these little buggers and a mild to modest surprise becomes more and more likely. At least for an area the size of the average county. Which county though?

Last time when St Mary's and southern Calvert got the band. I'd like it to be my part of the county.  It seems like it usually is to my south or north but I'm sure that is just my weenie perception.

Archived