• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Today's CWG discussion, clipperfest and then warming

usedtobe

nice job...seems reasonable...I told Ji yesterday I thought the warmup would only last a couple days, but I am probably being too optimistic

I think by the feb 14 or 15 the cold pattern will re-assert itself so I don't think we are too different though I think the pattern will go back towards clipper but at those time ranges who really knows.  We're all just guessing.  Mean patterns will do decent job of gettting the average temps of the 7 day pattern and also they are Ok with the storm track but at the edges, since they are averages, can be misleading especially when the pattern is in flux. 

I like the article Wes. Good hedge. I will say that this is the first time in a while there is some bust potential. Not knocking in anyway and I'm sure you know that and also what I'm getting at.

I like hedging.  Oddly enough in Nate Sliver's book on the pitfalls that can lead to bad forecasts identifies people as hedgehogs and foxes and it is the hedgehogs that don't hedge.  They go for the jugular regularly.  Go figure. 

Next article should be titled 5 threats in 6 days...

I'm not going there, I do think the system for the 6th is interesting as the GFS seems to be slowly converging towards the euro forecast.  There is still time for it and the euro to go north or it to go south.  The euro looks pretty good for a clipper. 

Archived