• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February Pattern and Storm Discussion

POWERSTROKE

Just wow at the GFS.  Couple thoughts....one, the V-Day storm squashes the SE ridge there over and east of Florida...the more it squashes that SE ridge, the more receptive the setup will be for digging of the trough...and obviously, we want to see strong ridging there behind the wave to force it to dig south.

gfsnamer186300wndht.gif

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What time does the next run come out?  Sorry, I know that sounds incredibly ignorant, but the times have always confused me for some reason. >.<

Euro comes out at 1am but by the time it gets to hr 192 or so you're looking at 1:30am.  I've got a cold and just took some Nyquil so I'm done!

You really just suck at finding information on the internet.

The Jerkstore called, they ran out of you.

It's not always obvious when models come out. For example, the GFS is behind the NAM even though they are the same hour, and the Euro is sometimes after that. The GFS Ensemble Members usually aren't available until about 3 hours after the GFS op has run.

This looks dreamy, not one but TWO setups for TN in the next 8 days.

There's been good consistency on both storms with the GFS lately contrary to what certain people will say (who get screwed out of snow on this).

Mind you, it continues to snow after 192h for the east half of TN, etc. but that's at a lower resolution so you don't get a good idea of what the model is generating.

post-5715-0-36504200-1360390164_thumb.pn

Someone else already answered his question so there was no need for this.  I guess you do have a point though. His research skills and your social skills seem to be on the same level.  

He posted a question in OT a few days ago asking which department the NWS was under. Even Don S responded a bit curtly.

He posted a question in OT a few days ago asking which department the NWS was under. Even Don S responded a bit curtly.

Do what you want, but I usually give someone who is a member less than 2 months with less than 100 posts some slack in the question department.  Even inane questions posed by a newbie are orders of magnitude better than those that charge in making pronouncements and starting threads from almost their first day.

Euro shows no love for TN for the 14th storm. 

I don't think this is something the Euro can handle well. It didn't handle the last two clippers we had a weekend ago either until they were right on top of us. This seems like an ULL on the back end of a front or something - pardon my ignorance but it doesn't look like something the Euro can handle.

Remember earlier this year the Euro missed an ULL when the GFS had it, then the GFS lost it, and the NAM was dead on accurate and the GFS and Euro eventually caved into it.

I don't think this is something the Euro can handle well. It didn't handle the last two clippers we had a weekend ago either until they were right on top of us. This seems like an ULL on the back end of a front or something - pardon my ignorance but it doesn't look like something the Euro can handle.

Remember earlier this year the Euro missed an ULL when the GFS had it, then the GFS lost it, and the NAM was dead on accurate and the GFS and Euro eventually caved into it.

I think this one is a little different but I guess time will tell. 

I think this one is a little different but I guess time will tell. 

I'd rather see it suppressed at this point, anyways, though if surface temps aren't there it may not matter.

If the storm were to get amped up a little more, perhaps it could pull down some more cold air like the GGEM does?  I really don't know as I can only see the free maps.

Archived