Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February Pattern and Storm Discussion

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting to think about the LR pattern with NE currently getting crushed. I wonder if there have ever been two separate 2-3 foot snow producing systems for the same area within 9 days of each other?

4-6 feet of snow and 10-15 foot drifts are on the table for some in the northeast........with the type of storm possible next weekend. Not likely, but I'd love to see the pictures if it happened. It would probably look like some of those pictures from Russia from a couple of weeks ago.

Problem with the SE,it's so big for winter, some one is going to get shunned out,like it or not.I think Ark. though is having a great winter and the potential to me keeps going and going and going.Problem for us in my area is we live between the Ms. river,the Tn.river and the mountains,we'll always have probs here,like it or not for snowage.The EC WILL always rule in winter in the SE

Yeah, location, location, location. For us here in SC, I know we still have time but so far this winter is every bit as lousy as last winter was.

It's interesting to think about the LR pattern with NE currently getting crushed. I wonder if there have ever been two separate 2-3 foot snow producing systems for the same area within 9 days of each other?

4-6 feet of snow and 10-15 foot drifts are on the table for some in the northeast........with the type of storm possible next weekend. Not likely, but I'd love to see the pictures if it happened. It would probably look like some of those pictures from Russia from a couple of weeks ago.

Well there is some big differences...after the storm Boston goes to 45+ degrees with a chance of rain showers as the sky heals. 

I believe Russia had cold that was killing people. 

If your keeping score don't take my word for it but the gfs got its rear end handed to it with this storm tonight. 2 common themes when reading the ne thread is insane rates/joy and folks bashing the gfs every which way.

I don't keep score for a global model like the GFS on a now cast event. I know it was still having issues in days prior so I get the point there if that is what you are saying. It also had problems here in the South-East during one of our Jan. storms...spitting out 6+ inches of snow here on a now cast event.

All models even the EURO are fooled given certain parameters of a storm or pattern. 

Don't look now but the GFS keeps inching closer and closer to something good for NC....verbatim 00z is I-40 north snow and probably some flurries in MBY

Yep, it inched south over the past couple runs, crushes the MA and than gives the NE another 12".  If it's not 15" it's a letdown for them.

It will be pretty funny if we can come away this winter with several opportunities for snow over the next two weeks after all the griping and moaning to date.  I think the VDay system has some potential for someone in the mid-south.  I hope it's just the appetizer to something much bigger and more widespread just a few days later......

It will be pretty funny if we can come away this winter with several opportunities for snow over the next two weeks after all the griping and moaning to date.  I think the VDay system has some potential for someone in the mid-south.  I hope it's just the appetizer to something much bigger and more widespread just a few days later......

Yep, it definitely looks like W-NC and TN up there the NoVA are in play.  I find it hard to imagine this digging even further south and getting GA/SC/NC in on the action but atleast someone in the SE looks promising.

V-Day is goin to be sacrificial for most, @ 150, stout ridge in to the inter mountian west, 1044 centered over SW WY, semblance of a hp over the northern plains, and energy rounding the base in NM. Transiate 50/50 on the move in SE Canada, not a half bad setup, better than most this season.

Archived