Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February Pattern and Storm Discussion

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't actually. This is a farce or strawman to suggest a person or group of posters have cancelled winter. I challenge you or anyone else to show one post showing this. This arguement is not healthy and flat out not true save for a troll or someone joking.

Hilarious.  Thanks for the chuckle on this Friday night.  It's physically impossible for anyone to be that full of crap so I know you're joking hard.

What the models are showing for the upcoming period may not pan out, but kudos to the handful of people that picked up on the signs weeks ago.  They pointed out, using science mind you, that things could take a turn in this direction.  And, low and behold.  Should be fun to watch unfold regardless of actual outcome.

Still looking for some posts of people canceling winter for the southeast. I'm not joking... The line of bull a suggestion that a group of posters have cancelled winter for the southeast is garbage. I haven't seen it. But if you want to keep running with that idea be my guest. I called you out on it so prove me wrong. If not i understand and I'll move on.

But the way the models waffle why would you blame them?

Still looking for some posts of people canceling winter for the southeast. I'm not joking... The line of bull a suggestion that a group of posters have cancelled winter for the southeast is garbage. I haven't seen it. But if you want to keep running with that idea be my guest. I called you out on it so prove me wrong. If not i understand and I'll move on.

Griteater already gave you three examples.  Check out post # 672.  :)

I guess I should rephrase. Show me a poster who has said we won't get another storm. That to me is winter cancel.

The Euro showed sign of a progressive departure of cold back to Alaska a few days ago then started to show +20's into Texas,that's a sign to me winter is close to being over.But it also shows to me the king is terrible this year,the GFS didn't buckle

I love that graphic because Blue Ridge, GA (as an example) is in the same region as Miami! :flood:

According to that Ga. Fla, SC, and part of Ala. is the southeast.  And a friendly person recently was advocating Ga not be in the southeast, lol.  Oh, well, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?  I have more potent worries.  Do I want a two or three contour ULL crossing below Columbus, or a Fla crossing gom low.  I get snow from both, but better sleet from the latter, lol.  More folks could profit from the gom low, but I'd probably get deeper snows from the ULL, and it is the heart of winter, so I won't have to worry so much about melty snow, like in late March, and I have seen a bunch of snow this decade and a half, but not so much sleet..

It's important to decide what one wants and then to activily aggitate for it, lol.  I guess I can decide after the 0z runs :)  I might be back hoping for rain.   T

Still looking for some posts of people canceling winter for the southeast. I'm not joking... The line of bull, a suggestion that a group of posters have cancelled winter for the southeast is garbage. I haven't seen it. But if you want to keep running with that idea be my guest. I called you out on it so prove me wrong. If not i understand and I'll move on. Your tone is rather hostile to anyone that doesn't think we are headed into an extended cold and stormy pattern. Jmo.

last week you said anybody talking about cold was "wishcasting". While there was signs of the cold returning which got posted. The gefs starting catching on to the changing epo, which by the way the gefs maps I posted last week you said were "banter worthy". So was anybody wishcasting? Or was a few posters posting off of emotions?

last week you said anybody talking about cold was "wishcasting". While there was signs of the cold returning which got posted. The gefs starting catching on to the changing epo, which by the way the gefs maps I posted last week you said were "banter worthy". So was anybody wishcasting? Or was a few posters posting off of emotions?

Take a look at the location of most of these posters. They'll usually be in GA or NC.

If you're in northern AL or MS, all of TN, and even Arkansas, winter is not over for you yet by a long shot.

The GFS has two consistent chances of winter weather for this area over the next 192 hours.

post-5715-0-27811700-1360371817_thumb.pn

post-5715-0-70026600-1360371845_thumb.pn

I deleted my posts and moved them to banter.

Take a look at the location of most of these posters. They'll usually be in GA or NC.

If you're in northern AL or MS, all of TN, and even Arkansas, winter is not over for you yet by a long shot.

Problem with the SE,it's so big for winter, some one is going to get shunned out,like it or not.I think Ark. though is having a great winter and the potential to me keeps going and going and going.Problem for us in my area is we live between the Ms. river,the Tn.river and the mountains,we'll always have probs here,like it or not for snowage.The EC WILL always rule in winter in the SE

Wouldnt be concerned about precip right now

Not for some of us that need the rain  :whistle:

Most of NC, SC, GA, FL, and Cuba get left out on this one.  Tn, MS, and AL should do well, as should the mountains, and parts of N. GA, and NW SC.  But who cares at this point.  As RDU said, there's a storm there....for now.

That has been the pattern this fall/winter  ;) 

According to that Ga. Fla, SC, and part of Ala. is the southeast.  And a friendly person recently was advocating Ga not be in the southeast, lol.  Oh, well, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?  I have more potent worries.  Do I want a two or three contour ULL crossing below Columbus, or a Fla crossing gom low.  I get snow from both, but better sleet from the latter, lol.  More folks could profit from the gom low, but I'd probably get deeper snows from the ULL, and it is the heart of winter, so I won't have to worry so much about melty snow, like in late March, and I have seen a bunch of snow this decade and a half, but not so much sleet..

It's important to decide what one wants and then to activily aggitate for it, lol.  I guess I can decide after the 0z runs :)  I might be back hoping for rain.   T

This is what I'm wishing for :wub:  

That has been the pattern this fall/winter   ;)

This is what I'm wishing for :wub:

lol..we aren't in a drought no more here.I'm just gald we will have sunny skies tom.Plus i don't like the look of severe weather and rains here,in the future

Edit:With the drought going on in some mid states you should see the severe threat shift to the east,its right around the corner

This one is killing me Tony. I'd love for this to pan out for everyone but I sure would like to be here to see it after I get back. I won't be back until 2pm Sun so I hope it slows down just a little.

This one is killing me Tony. I'd love for this to pan out for everyone but I sure would like to be here to see it after I get back. I won't be back until 2pm Sun so I hope it slows down just a little.

Don't worry, Greg, it'll probably be the ULL and miss you again, if you stayed home, lol.  I do think the signs are propitious, but the last time I thought that, far north GA got a little while a lot of us got squat :)  If....if, a big one is brewing you'll know far enough in advance to either stay home, or leave early to come back.  I doubt a biggie could sneak in with all the mind freakin' need that is oozing out down in the south, lol.  We need a good high to suppress the storms into Fla. and until that shows up, I think it's safe to travel :)  But if a block pops, and a high or two start moving down in Canada, you might want to fake the flu, lol.

And Michelle....didn't you capitalize yesterday?  I ended up with .95, and Goofy was giving me under 3/4's via Meteostar, so I call it a big win!!  T

Don't worry, Greg, it'll probably be the ULL and miss you again, if you stayed home, lol.  I do think the signs are propitious, but the last time I thought that, far north GA got a little while a lot of us got squat :)  If....if, a big one is brewing you'll know far enough in advance to either stay home, or leave early to come back.  I doubt a biggie could sneak in with all the mind freakin' need that is oozing out down in the south, lol.  We need a good high to suppress the storms into Fla. and until that shows up, I think it's safe to travel :)  But if a block pops, and a high or two start moving down in Canada, you might want to fake the flu, lol.

And Michelle....didn't you capitalize yesterday?  I ended up with .95, and Goofy was giving me under 3/4's via Meteostar, so I call it a big win!!  T

LOL! We have missed in every direction except the tornado and I really hope that's all we have of those for a while. Yeah, we will have a good idea if something is going to happen by Thursday. I do love the possibilities and Tony, I really hope you see "yours" this year too. The extra precip has been awesome that would just be the proverbial frosting on the cake.

Archived