BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Jan 30 Rain Event- Toasty temps Mt Tolland blows away

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect we've had similar here, but our wind equipment here never tells the true story. I don't think I've ever seen it top 29 knots.

I would say the gust to half the winds at 850 mb are working out just about right though.

The old reliable Down Easter anemometer works every time, The one with my weather station is about like the one at GYX, Not much use, It recorded a high of 27.9 mph

What do folks want? there's like 20 or more roads closed with trees on wires. How can buses/kids get thru? This happened  a few hours ago in the dark. I'm glad they made the decision..

It's a heavily forested hilly rural town

There's about 30 other similar surrounding towns that don't seem to have nearly the same issues as Tolland does.  Just an observation, nothing personal against you.

And Ryan once again.. The valley got shafted. You guys never get good winds in that pit

Eh up here the valley did ok.  UMass anemometer hit 45 MPH which is pretty impressive.  (higher than Sandy)

IMBY on the hill it was windy, but definitely less than the stealth wind event we had 2 weeks ago.

Archived