BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Jan 30 Rain Event- Toasty temps Mt Tolland blows away

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like some good times for most.  It was completely forgettable up here.  We had some good gusts for an hour or so at 3:00 (I think).  I recorded a gust of 28mph, though I know it was higher as I always read low.  Pretty much a calm night before/after that burst.  Undoubtedly, today will be more impressive in the wind area up here.

Eyeballing, I'm down to 50% snow cover, ftl.

52.6/52 off a high of 53.8

Reliving my childhood weenie moments tonight. Growing up on the East Bay in RI most of the big snow events were coastal front disappointments.

But a good southerly LLJ? I used to jack open my bedroom windows and listen to the howl.

Its nuts. I'm hearing whistles and soUnds I've never heard.

How could anyone sleep thru that? lol. This ranks up there with the October snowstorm for noise outside

I'm eager to hear from Mike (pro-lurker) and Chris (HV) to see if there wind experience was as ho-hum an experience as it was here.  I said yesterday that today would fare better here than last night.  It's a pretty low-bar that needs to be beat.

13 towns in the WMECO coverage area have outages, 7 of them are 'less than 1% out' and the others have 1-10% out, several of them on the CT border.

That ranked right up there with Irene, but fell well short of Sandy here.

Impressive as hell though.

I don't recall much in the way of wind from Irene, just the rain.  Sandy was a different beast.  I don't recall the highest wind I recorded in that, but I'm pretty sure I recorded 60.  I'll have to see if I can find it in my archive history.

Pretty pedestrian up here so far. I expected to wake up to Sandy-esque howling/shaking, but so far just a few moderate gusts. Looks like our best winds may actually be post-fropa??

Don't sleep on it yet, front has about an hour to pass your area. Up until then you could rip off a good southerly gust.

Archived