BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Jan 30 Rain Event- Toasty temps Mt Tolland blows away

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i lived within a half hour of rev i would drive by his house and throw some ICE MELT on his snowbanks and front yard to decimate his pack, earth friendly ice melt mind you, but it would be hilarious. Of course on weeks where it actually snow'd.

Dude,,there won't be a snowbank or pile left south of Dendrite after the cane tonight.

65mph + wind gusts ..with dews and temps near 60..is going to wipe out plies, banks, and some ski resorts

Dude,,there won't be a snowbank or pile left south of Dendrite after the cane tonight.

65mph + wind gusts ..with dews and temps near 60..is going to wipe out plies, banks, and some ski resorts

Ski resorts are fine lol. I was at Sundown today and I was standing next to a pile of snow 15 feet high. 

Torch.... 55/51 here on Mountain Rd with 57F in town and 53F at base of ski resort.

Even mid 50s straight to 2500ft, summits in upper 40s.

Feel bad for those smaller ski areas that rely more on natural snow and don't have the extensive snowmaking of the larger ski resorts. Also cross country ski areas and snowmobilers....winter recreation taking a hit tonight.

Yeah, but going to school near there and knowing the area...they always report winds kind of low IMO. Could be like Chatham and the site isn't the best for wind.

I think its the site itself. Sort of surrounded by higher terrain. The station sits on the NW side of the airport out in the open. There are some airport structures a couple hundred feet away but other than that it's in the open.

Archived