BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Freezing Rain 1/27/13 Advisories Up for Baltimore Metro

I-83 BLIZZARD

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Traveled from Bel Air, Harford County all the way down to Columbia this morning.  Quick burst of snow when I left just after 5am, snowed pretty much the whole way down until I hit about the 695/95 interchange (around catonsville).  Switched over to rain/sleet and car thermometer said 30, so I guess it was zr.  Salt trucks were out in full force, they must have salted 95 three or four passes this morning.  The parking lot at work was heavily salted as well, and the only icy spot I saw all morning was on the sidewalk. 

Fwiw, a few school districts already had a scheduled teacher in-service day, so many kids are already off.  (though Harford Co currently has a 2-hour delay). 

This was definitely no more then a nuisance even here in york , most roads mainly wet. Probably a 1/4" of snow before the quick change to sleet n now drizzle. Snow is compacted and gross. If only we could get a 4-8 inch all powdery snow event. Southern Pa and Maryland deserve it while central and northern pa and points north get shut out. They had theirs. Just fed up. Have a good day

This was definitely no more then a nuisance even here in york , most roads mainly wet. Probably a 1/4" of snow before the quick change to sleet n now drizzle. Snow is compacted and gross. If only we could get a 4-8 inch all powdery snow event. Southern Pa and Maryland deserve it while central and northern pa and points north get shut out. They had theirs. Just fed up. Have a good day

Rooting for people to get shut out is not good snow karma

It's ridiculous how slick it is here. I completely wiped out on my porch steps. I was even being careful. That one stung my pride a bit. I'm seeing light traffic, but I'll bet any shaded areas yesterday are extremely dangerous this morning. Getting close to freezing so it probably improves soon.

Rain or freezing rain here.  Hard to tell as a couple wx stations near me keep flipping around 32F.  

Temps warmed up pretty quickly around Silver Spring. @ Home near White Marsh/Towson there was a touch of snow, and some frozen glaze on top of it caused by sleet. Sidewalks were slick with sleet, but no typical ZR glaze to be found.

Pretty much what I expected.

It's ridiculous how slick it is here. I completely wiped out on my porch steps. I was even being careful. That one stung my pride a bit. I'm seeing light traffic, but I'll bet any shaded areas yesterday are extremely dangerous this morning. Getting close to freezing so it probably improves soon.

Yeah. I think we get above freezing earlier than I thought last night. And yes sidewalks are a disaster waiting to happen. Broken ankle time in WInchester.

A lot of pissed parents up this way who feel FCPS should have canceled. I guess up in N. Frederick Co. and out near New Market people are sliding off the roads. It seems fine down here where I am. Getting ready to get the kids loaded to head over to school, so guess I will find out just how the neighborhood roads are.

A lot of pissed parents up this way who feel FCPS should have canceled. I guess up in N. Frederick Co. and out near New Market people are sliding off the roads. It seems fine down here where I am. Getting ready to get the kids loaded to head over to school, so guess I will find out just how the neighborhood roads are.

Same here in Carroll.  Schools were already closed for teacher in-service, but MD 26 seems to be the demarcation line for this event.  

Rooting for people to get shut out is not good snow karma

its his posting style. On the midatlantic or the Penna. thread..whine, b**ch complain. He is acting like this was to be some big deal, i think we (PA) got pretty much what they thought. i don't live near him, but i would guess the roads are/were more then wet, as i heard multiple vehicle accidents being dispatched in York County..ah, whatever!

its his posting style. On the midatlantic or the Penna. thread..whine, b**ch complain. He is acting like this was to be some big deal, i think we (PA) got pretty much what they thought. i don't live near him, but i would guess the roads are/were more then wet, as i heard multiple vehicle accidents being dispatched in York County..ah, whatever!

he has been 5 posted in the past for this type of stuff in the past, I've added him to my ignore list. I can't stand the whining/complaining.

Archived