Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 25-26 Storm Potential

powderfreak

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After an epic rangers win, feeling confident in the 0z GFS moving NW. As I said earlier, thinking that the jump yesterday was overcorrecting and now is going to correct back to somewhere in the middle. Then again if we see the trend halt or reverse I think this is close to done. Now that it's fully onshore and has been sampled, this run should give us a sense of where this is headed one way or another. Purley off of Rangers epic win and the fact that good things come in threes(12z, 18z, 0z?), this is going to be a nice run(Nice compared to 12 and 18, nothing like 0z from a few days ago on euro)

Good Luck to all, off to bed(early morning tomorrow :( )

-skisheep

For most people outside of southeast NE, it's the lighter snows that seem to fall between the N/S and S/S systems. Maybe it's an inverted trough between them...not sure.  But that seems to have beefed up with most people even out to here getting .1".

It's a sad testament to this winter that I'm excited about .1"  LOL  ...but with 20-1 ratios we could have 2".

The worst part about these storms is they can't go quietly. Every single one has at least one run, sometimes multiple runs that tease us to think something bigger is going to occur. I just hope it stays close, let's keep the precip over/near us....

If I had to issue a forecast for MBY...I'm torn between 1-3 and coating to 2". I'd probably lean back to the C-2. I'm always mindful of the bad memories of coastal transfers as I watch moisture die on the vine as it moves east across SNE while I watch the coastal miss or hit just to my SE hence the C versus going 1-2. I'd think to my east is in line for 2-4 or 3-6 once again.

I think we should all pile into Phil or ackwaves house this weekend, the new snow capitol of New England.

Archived