• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 25-26 Storm Potential

powderfreak

We can poo poo on the NAM as a model all we want...but I think everyone has to be comfortable seeing it gradually ticking NW since 12z. Hopefully most have gone through their 5-stages and accepted this thing ain't gonna be a blockbuster...and we can now root for a decent light event.

Being honest I'd be more excited if it had ticked left of the consensus.  That'd give me more confidence that we're going to see the goalposts move left a bit.  We'll see soon enough.

why does everyone keep using that stupid term Tickle..? did I miss something? .. it's almost as annoying as the AWT ASOUT.. etc etc.. lol

Another CT Blizz'ism that was picked up by the masses.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This event was progged to be minor anyways, except for parts of SNE/Cape/Islands/SE MA

why does everyone keep using that stupid term Tickle..? did I miss something? .. it's almost as annoying as the AWT ASOUT.. etc etc.. lol

I know how the tickle deal came about, but some of this internet jargon is way over my head. I'm with ya man.

i hope ect realized the event was baltimore-esque (09-10)...a two foot bomb two weeks earlier with reinforcements and minimal sublimation/melting and then well over a foot to a foot and a half...that is about as epic as i think it can get for that part of sne

i was in awe with the ten inches and the just over two foot on the level snow depth where i live lol

Best six weeks of my winter life

I understand the point that everyone is making and they are valid points to some extent. But, you are talking small details with exchange between a very complex long wave. How much "vorticity" is "lost" is rather important and a small uptick will mean a whole lot for southern New England and coastal Mid Atlantic. If you think the small differences are negligible then may I remind you how insane the NWP has been up until this point. There is a reason. And this period of time was warned by me to be quite unpredictable for a reason, but that's getting off point.

Exactly, which is why NCEP schedules G4 drop sonde missions during higher stakes scenarios - it's because the assimilations schemes are SO dependable   :arrowhead:

How much more room does this have to shift north? Reminds m of Boxing Day when NAM was clueless until the last 36 hours whereupon it nailed e track as I recall.

I think we'll find out tonight. Did the NAM just come towards the consensus or is it and the other models continuing to tick NW. We'll find out in 45 minutes. My vote is on the former.

Tip used the tickle term for quite a while before the obsession started...CT_blizz just picked it up and sold it to the masses being the salesman he is.

What?  wait - wtf did I do?

Look, guys - I'm a Meteorologist, but I am also a Writer.   If one use a term in jest, it should be taken that way.  'Sides, I may or may not be guilty, but "tickle"?  

And the use of 'we' instead of 'I' to artificially inflate the validity of his opinion. Its all good.

See, this is an example of the absurd pettiness undercurrent that goes on around here - the use of

"we", is so not to promote one's self, NOT for that other BS.   Good lord -

What?  wait - wtf did I do?

Look, guys - I'm a Meteorologist, but I am also a Writer.   If one use a term in jest, it should be taken that way.  'Sides, I may or may not be guilty, but "tickle"?  

Oh no...you just would often use it in a normal descriptive fashion like "I could see thissnow shield tickling the MA pike region" or something like that. Kevin just decided to make it a fad.

See, this is an example of the absurd pettiness undercurrent that goes on around here - the use of

"we", is so not to promote one's self, NOT for that other BS. Good lord -

Dude its on purpose coming from CTBlizz. Its all part of his shtick. Not too difficult to pick up on these nuances. Like I said.. its all good. It doesn't really bother me at all.

I don't know are you guys just f with me here? 

this makes no sense.  someone says tickle, as a metaphor, and you take as what?   you're like children -

dude, what makes no sense?  it was pretty clear already.. you used the world tickle.. I asked why everyone was using the word tickle and they said CTblizz made it a fad.. that's it.

Archived