Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
January 17th-18th Winter Storm Discussion

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO!!!

Love the football analogy because I was going to say it looks like Alabama beat Georgia again. (I kid, I kid).  UGA has mucho respect from me!

Anyway, it's disappointing but the models certainly started picking up on it and we didn't have to squabble over ratios after all.  I hope we have a better opportunity in February. I like what Larry's statistics say about February for certain.

Im a Georgia Tech grad so you can hate on UGA all you want.  I'm used to watching from the sidelines while NC gets theirs but it's tough to see Bama get some only to vanish here.  At least it's not like last year where nothing like this happened. 

Yes, it's really annoying to me. It's not really a forecast. He just starts low all the time and then changes things as needed so he won't be wrong.

I just really want it to go much higher than the totals he mentioned and attitude he took about it all just so he will be proven wrong.

We've got a rain/sleet mix starting here in Greensboro...could this signal the start of the changeover??

I have a snow/sleet mix in NE High Point near Jamestown.  You'll changeover very soon, my friend.

The deck already has a dusting and the crest of the road out front and the driveway (where there is no standing water) already has a bit of a slushy dusting.

EDIT: I JUST HEARD THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!

I have a snow/sleet mix in NE High Point near Jamestown.  You'll changeover very soon, my friend.

The deck already has a dusting and the crest of the road out front and the driveway (where there is no standing water) already has a bit of a slushy dusting.

EDIT: I JUST HEARD THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!

I am in Adams Farm...I heard the same thunder you did!!! :lmao:

local hourly forecast has changed, it was supposed to be a rain/snow mix from 10PM-midnight, then snow from midnight-2AM.  now it's saying cloudy/windy from 8-midnight, and snow from midnight-2AM.  hmm.  hoping it is incorrect.  just got a call from the kids school, 2 hour delay tomorrow...what does anyone think about the southern pines/pinehurst/aberdeen area of the sandhills?

RDU issued a special weather statement:

AS OF 700 PM EST...THE TRANSITION TO SNOW HAS BEGUN OVER THETRIAD AND PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN PIEDMONT. SPOTTER REPORTS ANDOBSERVATIONAL DATA HAVE CONFIRMED THAT RAIN HAS CHANGED TO SNOWAT LEXINGTON IN DAVIDSON COUNTY...WINSTON SALEM IN FORSYTHCOUNTY...HIGH POINT AND GREENSBORO IN GUILFORD COUNTY...ANDROXBORO IN PERSON COUNTY. RAIN WILL CHANGE TO SNOW FROM NORTHWESTTO SOUTHEAST OVER RANDOLPH...ALAMANCE...ORANGE...DURHAM ANDGRANVILLE COUNTIES BETWEEN 730 AND 830 PM.

Wind continues to pick up making the air cooler , but temps stuck in the lower 40's..

WCNC saying snow should start around 9....if it does and it's those bands out at GSP...lookout!

And back to all rain here near AVL. No snow. Just lots of rain, rapidly rising barometers, and calm winds. All very much at odds with the RAP 20Z model run.

So close, yet so far. Fascinating. Looks like I'm gonna bust bad. Just a testament to how tricky these ULL's are to forecast!

Archived