clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice looking shot of cooler air at the end of the week as well. Might eek out a single-digit hghs at the end of the week? The snow will be relatively fresh, so that could help.

Any sese as to whether those returns in CT are hitting the ground?

I can't pull up radar on my wife's phone mine is on the charger.

Odd wording by taunton. If the low is really bombing I'd think most of the Bristol and Plymouth counties stay all snow back a few miles from the water.

Just back from an 11 miler. I didn't look at anything till i got back. Amazing the things you can think about out running on a dark, cold, snowy winter morning. I worried that it might be OTS..I thought about it coming closer and that we'd get a foot. I watched the moon slowly disappear behind lowering and thickening clouds.

7-11 on the way . A classic SNE snowstorm. Congrats everyone

yeah kBos soundings off 6z NAM show a warm boundary layer, start with rain/mix on ENE (50-70˚) winds before heavier precipitation cools the column and then all snow with NNE/N (20-360˚) winds

That's why I'm still sort of meh. Might be better towards Jerry, but I think maybe 4"..possibly 6" here. I wait until I am proven wrong. The way that happens is getting into the wicked commahead, or having winds stay more NNE.

It still brings in warmer air from SE CT to BOS. Again, it may be overdone, but we don't have good cold.

Of course, I have nothing objective to point to with this....but I wonder if the warmth it's showing is due to the model not really having a grasp on the system (apparently it--and the EC--are trying to grab the coat tails of the mesos). It's trying to get this stronger/closer system that appears to be taking shape but is instead showing up with this warmth.

If this system were more traditional, I'd heed those concerns. But, in this instance I'd throw caution to the wind.

MPM has spoken. :)

Of course, I have nothing objective to point to with this....but I wonder if the warmth it's showing is due to the model not really having a grasp on the system (apparently it--and the EC--are trying to grab the coat tails of the mesos). It's trying to get this stronger/closer system that appears to be taking shape but is instead showing up with this warmth.

If this system were more traditional, I'd heed those concerns. But, in this instance I'd throw caution to the wind.

MPM has spoken. :)

It's all for nothing if my winds back more nrly and euro is colder. Just that living here...it's something you can't ignore that's all. Should be an interesting day. Supposed to go down to the south shore for dinner this evening, might be an interesting drive back.

It's all for nothing if my winds back more nrly and euro is colder. Just that living here...it's something you can't ignore that's all. Should be an interesting day. Supposed to go down to the south shore for dinner this evening, might be an interesting drive back.

Why in Sam Hell does a snowlover like you live 2 miles from Boston Habah?

Why in Sam Hell does a snowlover like you live 2 miles from Boston Habah?

Hey it paid off in 10/11. Coastal front and ocean enhancement FTW. Many times that happens, just that these last two winters have had no cold and the water is warm. Look at Ray, he's no better and yet somehow SW CT has more than me this year. Just kind of crappy luck.

Man after this it looks like the next 10 days are basically cold and dry with maybe a few snow showers/squalls with arctic fronts. Was hoping the stormy pattern would continue

We may sneak a light something in before a January thaw perhaps. Then, maybe stormy after. I still like the "overall" look to the pattern for now anyways.

Archived