g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The water vapor loop is very impressive, makes you wonder how we won't get smoked....but the nuances of the developing secondary robbing the primary of moisture and the convection associated wiht it is something we wouldn't be able to see on the WV loop 12-18 hours out.

The water vapor loop is very impressive, makes you wonder how we won't get smoked....but the nuances of the developing secondary robbing the primary of moisture and the convection associated wiht it is something we wouldn't be able to see on the WV loop 12-18 hours out.

I figured something like that but man when you look at all the moisture over the lower Ohio Valley moving NE (not ENE) it makes you think it will be snowing pretty good tomorrow morning.

I figured something like that but man when you look at all the moisture over the lower Ohio Valley moving NE (not ENE) it makes you think it will be snowing pretty good tomorrow morning.

Models have a nice area moving into NNE, but then have it go poof as the secondary develops. I bet you see some snow related to the original disturbance.

FWIW...EC ens QPF 0.50" line runs from about GON-PVD-BOS. It's a slight tick NW from the op. The 0.75" gets to around PYM too whereas the op runs it somewhere between MVY and ACK.

Thats actually pretty impressive.

The ensembles have actually been a bit more juiced than OP runs today. Both GEFS/Euro and even the SREFs vs the NAM runs. Not really sure what that means...obviously a compact system, the OP runs are handling it a bit differently then the lower resolution ensembles.

Models have a nice area moving into NNE, but then have it go poof as the secondary develops. I bet you see some snow related to the original disturbance.

You can really see it fall apart on the 1hrly sim radar loops as the secondary coastal takes over.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NAMSFC4_0z/rloop.html

Well, this is the most uplifting news I've had for mby--suspect many folks removed from the bulk of the action would concur.

Albany has just put my neighboring zones (northern Berkshire and Windham counties along with others in their CWA) in and advisory. Give me hope when north and west of me get the nod.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM SATURDAY

TO 4 AM EST SUNDAY.

* LOCATIONS...ALL OF EASTERN NEW YORK AND ADJACENT WESTERN NEW

ENGLAND.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW...BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF THE SNOW SATURDAY

NIGHT.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 6 INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP SATURDAY MORNING AND BECOME MODERATE

IN INTENSITY BY THE AFTERNOON.

somewhere above .25 qpf has been consistent today so I'd think the forecast for 3-4 inches will be on target. A fast moving 3-4 inch snowfall can seem like a real nice storm for a couple of hours.

Uncle looks juiced. Of course we can't see the 36 to 42 qpf total but going by the entry and entrance views it looks like a nice hit.

Yeah I was thinking looking at the 5h chart and the 36h sfc/qpf map that it was going to give us a solution that makes us think it got into the leftover eggnog tonight.

Good to know. We just got TruVu Max at PSU and now can obviously use the RPM in our products...trying to figure out its strengths and weaknesses. Heard that you made our current graphics way back in the day when you were a student there!

Glad my legacy lives on!!! I loved seeing my old showfx scenes from '04 sticking around!

Seriously though with max the rpm gives you a lot of great ways to display things. I just feel like deterministic totals/amounts are generally a bad way to go. Even if you're showing "what one model shows" I feel like it wastes a lot of time explaining and in general is confusing. That's just my opinion though there are many better ways to present WX on tv than what i do I'm sure :)

Archived