• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

So if 0.75" at 10:1 is still 7-8". I'm just curious to your rationale. No disrespect I'm just trying to get different thoughts.

No guidance except the RGEM or RPM gives Foxoborough that much...they are closer to 0.50"...they sit on I-95. The 0.75 totals are down near Dighton and Carver.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am not expecting more than 2-3" up my way in NH. anything more is gravy, but i doubt that happens. WHDH has me near the northern edge of 1-2", WMUR has me in the middle of a 2-4" range. whatever I get will be a nice little addition to the 7" I got yesterday.

On satellite that s/w is pretty consolidated. Wouldn't shock me to see another slight tick nw. I think 8-10" weenie amounts around nw ri into foxborough/Easton are possible. Not probable but very possible.

Yeah I just think it will depend on how far NW that comma head gets. If It moves a bit more NW than it's possible for sure.

Otherwise as is, I don't see that for now.

Still really confused as to where these 12" amounts are coming from - is it really the RPM that's driving this rationale?

I suppose if you think the NW trend is not done yet, then that is defensible. But certianly verbatim the only models that come close to that type of snow are the RGEM and RPM.

I think we could bump NW a small tick still, but not sure enough to warrant widespread 10" amounts. Always have to watch for one weenie band that does it ala 2/7/03. That event prob had better frontogensis though than this one given the colder airmass.

Dynamics is there but it's not one of those systems that'll crank 9" given the qpf amounts and vort placement, which is further southwest. What makes you think that'll happen?

Personally, I think 8-9" is on the higher end of things right now, but that s/w is really looking decent compared to modeling. I think this thing has a potential to come in slightly sharper even still. I think there'll be widespread 5-7" totals, but with 8-9" embedded amounts from Woonsocket eastward.

I'm just tossing around ideas, but I do think it's possible.

Yeah I just think it will depend on how far NW that comma head gets. If It moves a bit more NW than it's possible for sure.

Otherwise as is, I don't see that for now.

That comma head better not move NW, I don't mind snow but 9", no thanks. You can disperse anything above 5" evenly to those who want it.

I suppose if you think the NW trend is not done yet, then that is defensible. But certianly verbatim the only models that come close to that type of snow are the RGEM and RPM.

I think we could bump NW a small tick still, but not sure enough to warrant widespread 10" amounts. Always have to watch for one weenie band that does it ala 2/7/03. That event prob had better frontogensis though than this one given the colder airmass.

No one on here has called for widespread 10" amounts I don't think...correct me if I'm off on that. But I agree the RPM and RGEM are over juiced.

Like I have said, small nw ticks are plausible given the h5 setup.

No one on here has called for widespread 10" amounts I don't think...correct me if I'm off on that. But I agree the RPM and RGEM are over juiced.

Like I have said, small nw ticks are plausible given the h5 setup.

I think movement NW will be hard esp with the potent vort max/strong winds to the SE. Correct me if I'm wrong on that I'm just glimpsing over things.

I think movement NW will be hard esp with the potent vort max/strong winds to the SE. Correct me if I'm wrong on that I'm just glimpsing over things.

It will obviously only come so far nw...it's honestly outdone what I originally thought it'd do for nw trending.

I honestly think it can maybe end up 10-25 miles more nw which would have an impact on sensible wx from HVN-IJD-ORH

I dunno...he got hit hard postiviely on 1/21/11...that little sneaky late bloomer. He picked up like 9".

I feel like people remember the sour busts more vividly so it creates a selective memory phenomenon. Last winter was garbage outside of 10/29/11 and we've only had one real event thus far this year. (November was never really a big threat to NE MA).

That said, I only pointed out one scenario...I wouldn't forecast any larger amounts for Ray right now. Just saying if the CCB wraps up a bit earlier, then you will see it hook left more and they would be in play for large amounts. Too early to forecast anything like that though. I think NWS BOX map at the moment is reasonable.

What about the infamous retro storm of 10 when he melted down about how retro storms sucked, one foot later

Will has a point. People tend to remember the sour taste from busts or missing out on a deformation band, but I will kindly remind Ray how Dendrite got violently porked yesterday and on the 1/2/10-1/3/10 storm where Dendrite was choking flakes from the sky thanks to north wind downslope.

Heck even I forgot that Jan '10 fail. But yeah, we all win some and lose some. Ray likes to hate on my couple of jackpots, but before that I don't remember ever jackpotting in my life.

Archived