• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sambakken
    Newest Member
    sambakken
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

I was saying he has a string of bad luck. If you have to go back to 09 to see him on the positive side of a bust relative to others, that's all nbd. I hope scott can pull a good number out. I remember his area can do pretty well in marginal events like 12/26/10. He was in nice weenie spot for that one, while I flipped to rain in bridgewater/raynham line on that one.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The isotherm rule is an archaic technique that was used when we had NGM maps with no cross sections or soundings.

I remember reading something about that, although I thougt it was n & w of the 850 5C or something like that.

Although we have fancy stuff to look at now, the basics like H5 and H7 orientation still apply and I don't think they get enough attention by some like they should.

I was saying he has a string of bad luck. If you have to go back to 09 to see him on the positive side of a bust relative to others, that's all nbd. I hope scott can pull a good number out. I remember his area can do pretty well in marginal events like 12/26/10. He was in nice weenie spot for that one, while I flipped to rain in bridgewater/raynham line on that one.

I dunno...he got hit hard postiviely on 1/21/11...that little sneaky late bloomer. He picked up like 9".

I feel like people remember the sour busts more vividly so it creates a selective memory phenomenon. Last winter was garbage outside of 10/29/11 and we've only had one real event thus far this year. (November was never really a big threat to NE MA).

That said, I only pointed out one scenario...I wouldn't forecast any larger amounts for Ray right now. Just saying if the CCB wraps up a bit earlier, then you will see it hook left more and they would be in play for large amounts. Too early to forecast anything like that though. I think NWS BOX map at the moment is reasonable.

Will has a point. People tend to remember the sour taste from busts or missing out on a deformation band, but I will kindly remind Ray how Dendrite got violently porked yesterday and on the 1/2/10-1/3/10 storm where Dendrite was choking flakes from the sky thanks to north wind downslope.

OT, but what was dendrite's total for 12/26-27?

I remember reading something about that, although I thougt it was n & w of the 850 5C or something like that.

Although we have fancy stuff to look at now, the basics like H5 and H7 orientation still apply and I don't think they get enough attention by some like they should.

I am a throwback to the older generation of wx forecasters. There is a method to my madness

So most guidace spitting out 0.75" qpf and having decent fronto forcing were that band sets up, will not warrant any higher totals? How come?

NW RI may get more than Foxboro but not 9" imo. 0.75 qpf will not amount to 9" in foxboro, regardless of the frontal forcing they get. I just don't see it happening.

If that band can get into interior se ma, I could see some high totals near Foxboro but I think you would need to see another NW tick.

On satellite that s/w is pretty consolidated. Wouldn't shock me to see another slight tick nw. I think 8-10" weenie amounts around nw ri into foxborough/Easton are possible. Not probable but very possible.

Archived