Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is why we're seeing accumulating snow as far north as we are

You're band has already formed on the northern end of the storm. That should lift up and through upstate NY and NNE/CNE. Models have been showing a nose of higher QPF from the southern Adirondacks into central VT. Watch that be the jackpot of the whole storm while I smoke subsidence just to the north of it.

Seems like 9 out of 10 times people have referred to rays area being included in a plausible scenario for a positive bust, it has not happened. Just an observation

Disagree...didn't happen last storm, but his area often can get a positive bust because of both latitude and CF enhancement. I think we really only thought maybe last storm and 10/29/11....both were duds there, but I'm not seeing a 90% bust rate on that. Just go back to all those SWFEs from 2007-2009.

Hell even 12/20/09 he b**ched and moaned his way into 11".

Don't forget..these things always have those weenie bands farther NW than any models have them along the -8c isotherm. We see that everytime. I can think of countless times when MPM was worried about qpf and he ended up with 6 inches more than anyone else

I agree with this except not sure about the -8c stuff...in these setups, there seems to be that heavier band that sets up on the NW flank of the snowshield...where that band pivots (comes in, stalls, and then moves back east) seems to be a secondary JP; seems that this typically happens over the Berks

Archived