Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December 26th - 27th Blizzard Part 4

Powerball

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting around the 5" mark. Seems to me we might get a little more lake inhanced snows over the next little bit. Ez push and with temps rising overnight salt will be very effective. All in all a great little snow event, many busts around but still something is better than nothing.

Off to bed. Lots of cleanups to do.

Yeah its looking like it won't be nearly as bad as originally thought... about 20 miles southeast of Toledo they have close to 6-7", Findlay has 7" according to some friends, and I'm sitting in BG with close to 5 by my best estimate. Toledo/Defiance and west will bust hard... there's a pretty ridiculous gradient along I-75 here.

Toledo got really nothing, tons of snow here in Genoa however, in fact we may be close to 8" of snow here. Blowing and drifting is absolutely terrible outside though. I took a video while driving of what it's like that I will upload soon

Just skiffs of it blown around by the wind. 80-90% of the ground is still bare. Should be able to fix that in short order.

. Yeah I'm about the same. Radar shows a 33dbz moving in across downtown, should get interesting in short time. Edit: I got a light dusting so far and its starting ot pick up :D

. Yeah I'm about the same. Radar shows a 33dbz moving in across downtown, should get interesting in short time. Edit: I got a light dusting so far and its starting ot pick up :D

Starting to pick up here too. Wouldn't call it moderate snow, but nice wind whipped steady -SN, probably 1-1.5 SM stuff. Ground is now almost completely covered with a loose dusting.

Starting to pick up here too. Wouldn't call it moderate snow, but nice wind whipped steady -SN, probably 1-1.5 SM stuff. Ground is now almost completely covered with a loose dusting.

. Yeah its starting to pick up. And yeah, I got a dusting everywhere but its being whipped around by the wind, lol. Should really get more intense later on.

Is it bad that this snowfall made me excited? We barely got a half an inch of snow but it was my biggest snowfall since I got 14 inches in one week in February of 2010.

Last year, I was still in school at Murray State and our biggest snowfall was a dusting. This snowfall amounted to more than what I got last year. Here's a pic I took at about 4:00 p.m. as the snowfall came to an end. Hopefully this is the beginning of a snowy winter.

post-280-0-22198900-1356571250_thumb.jpg

Was hoping to eke out a little more but it looks like 6" will be our final total from this storm. Unless we get any more overnight snows. The majority of this fell in a roughly 5 hour window from 1pm to 6pm.

I'm not about to call it in yet though in case anything happens overnight. I remember after the GHD storm we received more than 2" of LES from Lake Huron hours after the actual storm had left. Completely different set-up, I know, but this storm has got me optimistic.

Archived