• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December 26th - 27th Blizzard Part 4

Powerball

Hmm..interesting that you think some spots had less than 5", though I suppose its possible especially in the heart of the city. Wayne county reports so far include:

Grosse Pte Farms: 6.8"

Detroit: 6.5" (Ithielz)

Wyandotte: 6.3" (mby)

DTW: 6.2"

Garden City: 5.4"

Also interested in a final reading from..

Livonia: 6.2" at 1am pns

Riverview: 5.2" at 830pm pns

Taylor: 4.5" at 7pm pns

Woodhaven: 4.5" at 7pm pns

Ya man under 6" here on the citys east side.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final Total of 8.00"

It took me 90 min to shovel

Drifts of 15-20" all over the place

Awesome storm!

No way in hell am I going to complain about exceeding my own expectations with 6.3", especially when many areas south of us busted hard, but do you remember the other day when I quipped that some way the mountains of Oakland county would manage to defy all the odds and all the models and beat me? They did :lol: I swear Id rather live in Oakland county than the western MI snowbelt if trends the past several years would continue.

It's a start for you guys. Still need a whopper sometime this winter. I'm sure it's nice to see it all white again after last year.

Congrats.

Thanks Alan. Yeah, it just wonderful to have snow you actually have to trudge (and you do in the drifts) again. I know Tim says he's going to enjoy a few days off but I'm ready to go for another one. Unfortunately the extended looks pretty boring.

Just went out to measure. 5.5" of very powdery snow will be nice and easy to shovel. All in all very happy that this storm produced and that we didn't bust.

Too bad that band couldn't keep it together. If there was one part of the GTA that looked like it could have gotten into the 6-7" range it was the west side. Although, Harrisale reported 6"+ in Oakville.

Depending on where I measured, we have between 7 and 8.5 inches....Drifts are well over a foot. Pics later

EDIT: for what it's worth...measured over 9 inches on my pathway where the north and east winds are blocked by my house. Obviously a high measurement though. On the other hand...it's heck to shovel. Also my measurements include yesterday mornings lake effect that was still on the ground when this system started.

Took some final measurements...ended up with around 6". Snow depth between 7-9".

I think what surprised me the most about this storm, at least IMBY, was how well the snow was able to accumulate despite all day not really once seeing a legit dendrite. Was just like a white powder outside all day. Never got really heavy either...minimum visibility was a 1/4 mile and that was mostly due to blowing snow. And yet it still managed to give me a solid half foot here. The Christmas Eve coating we got probably did wonders to that end, actually.

Pics to follow.

I was thinking the same thing when it started to snow lightly at 1 pm. It was sticking right away. Usually with temps near 30 during the day, it doesn't accumulate when it snows that light. Ended up with about 9 here, about 10 miles from my pal Ajdos. Someone from metroparkway up to 32 mile in romeo probably got more than 10. I was skeptical early in the day when all the bands were setting up in oakland county, but it ended up as a great storm.

Those downtown numbers are going to come up. They have to be preliminary. There's no way they got that little snow.

i agree with that dome thingy Lol. And yeah i still doubt EC's final numbers like i always do. Pearson got into heavier bands more than Toronto itself yesterday, so i doubt they got 10cm, but around 12-14cm and downtown's numbers are too low.

I measured 13.5cm final. Not bad for a first snowfall and better than the last few Decembers Not as great as December 08 or 07 but still, since then we haven't gotten anything noteworthy, so its not bad. Good first snowfall.

However, NAM should be discontinued -_-

Archived