Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December 20-22 Major Winter Storm Part 3

Hoosier

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was actually snow on the ground this morning.

Still busted though. About 1/2" of snow.. I was calling for 1" .

Power stayed on, even though it was pretty windy. Not the very high winds like we were initially expecting. We did get a gust of 51mph through here though.

It turned out to be better than a T. Looks like somewhere around an inch, definitely shy of it though. Haven't gone out to do a measurement...kinda wicked out there still. :lol:

South and west of here look they made out pretty nicely though. I saw IND had 0.9" as of midnight, and it's been snowing since then.

Peak gust of 50 mph at LAF.

All in all, still a win. Looks, sounds, and feels like winter this morning. :)

WLFI had 1" fwiw

Haha!

Too close to the low didn't help. I really think it came down to the fact the ground was so wet from all that rain, it just had a hard time sticking. UHI doesn't help either.

I buy the wet ground to an extent but we saw it get overcome in other places. I think the wet ground, lack of intense snow rates and temps hanging above freezing all conspired to do in Chicago.

1-3" of cement slop and penny fluff LES is useless to me. It sucks! flat out!

Nice cold snap after this storm... Cant wait for my mid 30s for 3 days. Hmmm wonder if Christmas day will be sunny with a high of 39-43?

December to forget.

**** Winter.... For obvious reasons.

Good start to winter and good stat padder to give the yearly totals a jump start.

lol

You want to live near a populated area, most likely its crap for snow... Not many nice snowy areas with people and work... I'm in Gaylord right now and there is 20 inches.

Jon

SE wisconsin is loaded with great snowmobile trails if that's your thing. ...now if only we got to use them for more than a week or two a season. Even Gaylord is prone to total meltdowns, thankfully they can do well with cutters and have the LES crutch to get things back in order fast.

I'm going to say that I'm not sad I had to leave my FD/EMS that covered the interstate when we moved, tonight. But I'm sure once the flakes start flying and hear them start getting the calls tonight, I'll miss it.

I 69 was a zoo today, especially in southern Huntington County. Just over an inch of snow and some freezing drizzle this afternoon is all it took.

Archived