• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Fresh start for the NWS in 2013!

General consensus is that people didn't seem to like her whether they worked for NOAA or not. You'll have to pardon my naivete for I have only been in the field for over a year now but what was the major issue with her? I'd love to take Twitter's word for it but that is not always the best idea.

General consensus is that people didn't seem to like her whether they worked for NOAA or not. You'll have to pardon my naivete for I have only been in the field for over a year now but what was the major issue with her? I'd love to take Twitter's word for it but that is not always the best idea.

She had many issues in direct conflict with the NWS's mission. Too many and too involved to get into here, but a few big ones included: wanting to take credit "in name" for the NWS's work...threatening and outlining a NWS restructuring prematurely...unable, and more importantly unwilling, to work with the NWSEO on the IT issue that she created...forced many good ITOs out of the NWS that we now have to back-fill...wanted to implement her model of NASA structure to the NWS....not knowing what the NWS does in her address to Congress. Basically she was ill-qualified and out of touch to run NOAA and it's sub-agencies.

Lets hope they fill her spot with someone that will help the mission rather than hurt it. Im concerned they will fill it with a heavy AGW proponent who will forget that we have a big need in the weather forecasting community and we need to have a good budget NWS can fulfill the mission

She had many issues in direct conflict with the NWS's mission. Too many and too involved to get into here, but a few big ones included: wanting to take credit "in name" for the NWS's work...threatening and outlining a NWS restructuring prematurely...unable, and more importantly unwilling, to work with the NWSEO on the IT issue that she created...forced many good ITOs out of the NWS that we now have to back-fill...wanted to implement her model of NASA structure to the NWS....not knowing what the NWS does in her address to Congress. Basically she was ill-qualified and out of touch to run NOAA and it's sub-agencies.

Lets hope they fill her spot with someone that will help the mission rather than hurt it. Im concerned they will fill it with a heavy AGW proponent who will forget that we have a big need in the weather forecasting community and we need to have a good budget NWS can fulfill the mission

I hope they get a real scientist this time. A scientist who can see how all the little things add up to the big picture. How it's all related. We don't need another hot shot who thinks they are above working with others...or who thinks they can manipulate the system to favor themselves.

But but but she is a Dr......

I hope they get a real scientist this time. A scientist who can see how all the little things add up to the big picture. How it's all related. We don't need another hot shot who thinks they are above working with others...or who thinks they can manipulate the system to favor themselves.

Archived