Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

I'm "All In" at this point, why the heck not. :axe:

I think popsicles taste better when you're 5 vs 45. Perhaps whiskey and honey is a better idea at this point.

The old hot tottie...good for the cold, but bad for trying to stay up to see the Euro. This is the usual rollercoaster ride for the SE. By tomorrow we'll probably have a storm again.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

franks been a very good forecaster for the southeast. he is the only reason i still visit accuweathers site.

I used to be a huge fan of Frank, but he doesn't seem to have the dedication that this forum provides. Something will be on the horizon for the south , and he will be off work for the next 2 days leaving me hanging. I like the minute to minute play by play I get here, Frank is just ketchup on the side of my snow covered fries.

I used to be a huge fan of Frank, but he doesn't seem to have the dedication that this forum provides. Something will be on the horizon for the south , and he will be off work for the next 2 days leaving me hanging. I like the minute to minute play by play I get here, Frank is just ketchup on the side of my snow covered fries.

Yea he isn't really available when the big stuff is near. That could be because he has to talk on the radio for Charlotte and stuff...he does other weather business.

Some entertainment for before the Euro

thanks burger!!! LOL . Only problem was I got lost in Youtube land for a while there. Must be the whiskey..I mean fever.

And Kiddo, (Wilksdude) be respectful to others. This is the second time in as many days that I have seen posts regarding your choices of how you speak to or about someone.

Love,

Mom

I think you both need to start it - like co-sponsoring a bill or something. At least make it seem like a big to do.

Sounds like a plan :) But, I'd have to see a better prospect. If we combine Slushy majic and Mole mojo, it could all go horribly wrong, if the threat fizzles inside two days. We could get another year of summer. It's like crossing the streams...something about the Mayan calendar, I think, and walking marshmellows.. Grisly stuff. T

Sounds like a plan :) But, I'd have to see a better prospect. If we combine Slushy majic and Mole mojo, it could all go horribly wrong, if the threat fizzles inside two days. We could get another year of summer. It's like crossing the streams...something about the Mayan calendar, I think, and walking marshmellows.. Grisly stuff. T

No need to worry about it tonight. Nothing to post about at this point. Tomorrow is another day.

No need to worry about it tonight. Nothing to post about at this point. Tomorrow is another day.

Yeah, I saw that. I'd never start a thread outside two days anyway, unless most models had it, for all runs, and for at least a day. Having been born in the south I'm skeptical until my first ride down the hill, lol. Tony

Shortest HWO I've ever read... from FFC

810 AM EST SUN DEC 30 2012

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTH AND CENTRAL GEORGIA.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT...

NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY...

NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION WILL NOT BE NEEDED THROUGH TONIGHT.

Yeah, Burger's the man. I just don't know when he ever rests in the winter....

I'm sure he gets plenty of rest, but someone has to take the pup out first thing in the morning, so he might as well check to make sure he hasn't missed anything :lol::P

EDIT: I see there is not a new thread started for me to pin this morning :(

I'm sure he gets plenty of rest, but someone has to take the pup out first thing in the morning, so he might as well check to make sure he hasn't missed anything :lol::P

EDIT: I see there is not a new thread started for me to pin this morning :(

It's never a good sigh when you go to bed and the thread count has only increased by one by the time you wake up. :( But we do remain under a Thread Explosion Watch, so I guess that's good. :)

Past few runs of the CFS have really backed off on a cold January...the anomalies still show cooler than normal for January though....

Anomalies...http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/mchen/CFSv2FCST/monthly/images/CFSv2.NaT2m.20121230.201301.gif

summaryCFSv2.NaT2mProb.201301.gif

[NegativeNancy] Why does it always happen that these models and things like the Euro Weeklies back off the cold as we get closer to time? It seems that happens way more than the other way around. [/NegativeNancy]

[NegativeNancy] Why does it always happen that these models and things like the Euro Weeklies back off the cold as we get closer to time? It seems that happens way more than the other way around. [/NegativeNancy]

HAH! That's why we need to cash in this week with something, anything frozen :-)

good question, you would think once in awhile the cold and the snow would hold

the first rule of SE snow club: don't get excited until the EURO honks!

Exactly. I don't know what everyone was getting excited for yesterday. Can't wait to see Brick's reaction after he says the CFS and the trend for the storm in 4+ days.

I hope you didn't think we were going to get historic cold like someone mentioned for Late Jan- Feb lasting until March. The cold air always gets pushed back 10 more days. It's funny to go back and read through this thread at what some thought would happen in December. I guess when you see something on the models in the long range just forecasts the opposite. But it seems whenever the warm air shows up on the models its always right. #Negative Nancy.

Archived