BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you demanding will work this time. Burger has alot of pull on here. I like Cold Rain as well but doesn't matter. I agree with Burger need to wait a while

Not waiting too long or people will go elsewhere. It will be made by Monday if needed. Event starts Thursday I believe.

Let's get a good following, someone start it Sunday evening if warranted.

Not waiting too long or people will go elsewhere. It will be made by Monday if needed. Event starts Thursday I believe.

Let's get a good following, someone start it Sunday evening if warranted.

lol what are you talking about? I know I give you hard time, but people will not go elsewhere if we wait for just one more run or so. If a thread is needed that badly I'll make one. I just hate these premature threads popping up. We've really only had one good run from the models for an actual threat. Let's see what 18z does.

Brought these over from the main Jan thread. Feel free to talk about this in here. IMO, I have no problem with anyone telling others who they like and where they might get good weather info.

Mods, can we do something about these constant posts "encouraging" people to subscribe to Roberts website. A mention of his thoughts is fine but it seems we have several posts every day in this thread that seem like thinly veiled advertisements for his paysite.

This would have been a great reason to PM a mod. I also plan to delete this post in a few mins.

Mods, can we do something about these constant posts "encouraging" people to subscribe to Roberts website. A mention of his thoughts is fine but it seems we have several posts every day in this thread that seem like thinly veiled advertisements for his paysite.

For the work he put into this website when he was here, he's earned a few "thinly veiled ads".

That is the last thing I want also man!

lol what are you talking about? I know I give you hard time, but people will not go elsewhere if we wait for just one more run or so. If a thread is needed that badly I'll make one. I just hate these premature threads popping up. We've really only had one good run from the models for an actual threat. Let's see what 18z does.

That's why I recommended Monday first. Three days before the event.

Brought these over from the main Jan thread. Feel free to talk about this in here. IMO, I have no problem with anyone telling others who they like and where they might get good weather info.

I don't really see what the big deal is either but I suppose if you're bringing nothing to the table other than "subscribe to X" then it probably does belong in the banter thread.

you better do what he says!!! Or he will start another one. Hard for him to see his name as the starter

As much discussion as there has been about this particular threat already, and as much as there is likely to continue to be, I don't think a separate thread is unwarranted at this time. It's the first legitimate threat there has been for a large winter storm in a long time. Even if the models change a bit, there will still be a threat for a couple more days at least. So I think it would be fine to have a thread for it. But that's just my opinion and I am more than happy to go along with the consensus. I, like most, would be opposed to having a thread for every single outside chance at something that showed up on the models all throughout the winter, though.

As much discussion as there has been about this particular threat already, and as much as there is likely to continue to be, I don't think a separate thread is unwarranted at this time. It's the first legitimate threat there has been for a large winter storm in a long time. Even if the models change a bit, there will still be a threat for a couple more days at least. So I think it would be fine to have a thread for it. But that's just my opinion and I am more than happy to go along with the consensus. I, like most, would be opposed to having a thread for every single outside chance at something that showed up on the models all throughout the winter, though.

I say start it. Keep the Jan thread for the long term pattern and storm chances after the upcoming one.

For the work he put into this website when he was here, he's earned a few "thinly veiled ads".

I'll 2nd that. Robert has been a great forecaster on here for as long as I've been using the site. A few folks from here talked him into doing the pay site and I'm a proud member. Also I think he still stops in and does a paragraph or 3 with up coming weather.

Lol please don't create a thread until things become more clear.

PER HPC ADVICE...I WILL DISCARD THE GFS AND FAVOR THE ECMWF THROUGH THE EXTENDED PERIOD. THIS APPROACH WILL NOT CONCERN THE FORECAST PROCESS WITH THE FREEZING RAIN EVENT DISPLAYED WITHIN THE 12Z GFS SOLUTION ON THURSDAY.

Storm Cancel! On to the historic cold for Late Jan-March. Haha jk. Rooting for Charlotte to get some snow just because I have some family members up there.

+1 I was going to but will let someone else. Nothing against him but I think someone that has been on here longer should. Somebody that can bring it like Burger or even JBURNS!!!

If I start a storm thread you can take it to the bank that someone in the SE, outside the mountains, will get more than three inches. Less than that I just consider nuisance snow.

Archived