BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brick, if we know outside two days about any storm I see on the maps, I'll be surprised. So far the tea leaves are murky. I think we need to get a serious cold shot to prime the pump. We've gotten some rain, now we need some cold, then they'll do the winter dance of the models.... cold air moving down like a rippling wave, warm air moving up the same way. Then we look for the crests of ripples to meet, and if they do, over you, you can look out the window. In the south it's always unexpected, even when it's expected :) T

+! That Quicky Mart slushy has unclouded your brain real fine :)

I still think your posting a year or so back is one of the best ever. Social skills are necessary, even on a message board. All the personal attacks, or just snide remarks, and snarky attitudes, make the atmosphere caustic. Why people can't just ignore posters they don't agree with instead of making demeaning remarks, is beyond me. Personally I don't mind the nonsense posts because I just ignore them. But personal attacks piss me off, big time, and have no place here. If you attack Robert, or Larry, you are attacking me, and I won't forget you. I come here to read them, and not some snot nosed weenie, or twisted wretch from a disfunctional family, not matter how intelligent they may seem. Without social skills, they have about the same usefulness as a monkey turd. T

I know, I know...Burns I can here the wheels turning all the way down here :) Sure monkeys eat the seeds, then spread them around the forrest floor...but lets not go there, lol.

You're an awesome dude Tony, I'll continue to look forward to your posts regardless of your possible opinion of me. But, define personal attack? I made some critiques of Larry recently, specificily his imby snow percentage posts of late. I was quite clear that I meant no disrespect and certainly value the historical and local weather knowledge he brings to the table. But, to me, his constantly changing percentages for such a small geographic area seemed rather ridiculous in the context of those pinned discussion threads, especially considering the timeframe of 3-5 days out and I let it be known. I call em like I see em and expect the same from others.

So, in your opinion, was that a "personal attack"? If so, I'd suggest growing some thicker skin. If not, nevermind, perhaps you are referring to someone else. There have certainly been some abrasive posts on here from time to time over the past few months that venture into personal attack territory. But it seems to me some people get bent out of shape very easily over what I consider to be just back and forth banter over the internet. I'd like to direct those people to a quote from a great movie:

33fgo5x.jpg

Also, hands down Robert is the best in the business for the SE and his monthly fee is without a doubt worth it during the winter months if not the whole year.

I see you're talking about Jon's tweet. In case you're referencing "retweet" that just means you're copying their tweet and posting it on your feed. It's a lot easier just to retweet in that case then to make a totally new tweet. I'm actually an expert in this as it's my job! As for imgur it's just a really easy photo sharing website which allows you to post pictures. Cantore basically used a bad link for the image so Jon was just letting him know he had to upload it to a photo sharing site first.

Imgur was what I needed to know. Thanks. Honestly, I google the rest of the terms. I am reasonably tech literate as far as most things go...just am late getting to the Twitter game. I used it for election coverage and now I really like it for weather and sports info. I don't write code although did learn how to program back in the day....forgotten it now though. At 42, my age group was right at the beginning of the revolution. We grew up on Atari and went to college using Macs. My kids now use iPads and stuff we could only dream of back then...

Archived