BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Cantore retweeted me. My life is made.

I saw that! I follow him on twitter, and then I saw your profile pic on americanwx on my twitter feed! Congrats on that. Sorry if I seem a little creepy coming out of the blue like this, I read these threads daily and you're one of the regulars here. I just don't post here very often.

I saw that! I follow him on twitter, and then I saw your profile pic on americanwx on my twitter feed! Congrats on that. Sorry if I seem a little creepy coming out of the blue like this, I read these threads daily and you're one of the regulars here. I just don't post here very often.

Nah man, it's not creepy. I recognize weather folks on facebook and stuff all the time, haha. I wish my tweet was some kind of weather analysis that he thought others would want to hear, instead of me telling him to not direct link images. Didn't think he'd RT that... :lmao:

Nice!

Thanks, I try! haha

Nice! So what was your original tweet? Cold Rain is the coolest?

"Cold Rain on Americanwx.com is the coolest" to be exact.

Nah man, it's not creepy. I recognize weather folks on facebook and stuff all the time, haha. I wish my tweet was some kind of weather analysis that he thought others would want to hear, instead of me telling him to not direct link images. Didn't think he'd RT that... :lmao:

Thanks, I try! haha

"Cold Rain on Americanwx.com is the coolest" to be exact.

Awesome! Thanks man.

I suppose it can get a little tiring to hear what seems like the same old story...

Personally I am grateful that so far, I have had colder temps more consistently than I did last year. If I didn't read these forums or know what little bit I do about weather, models, etc...I would be oblivious to this apparent warmer than normal December. It just hasn't seemed largely removed from most Decembers I've experienced in my 37 years here. I understand that many others don't share that perspective, and frustration is a valid reaction.

I suppose it can get a little tiring to hear what seems like the same old story...

Personally I am grateful that so far, I have had colder temps more consistently than I did last year. If I didn't read these forums or know what little bit I do about weather, models, etc...I would be oblivious to this apparent warmer than normal December. It just hasn't seemed largely removed from most Decembers I've experienced in my 37 years here. I understand that many others don't share that perspective, and frustration is a valid reaction.

We will see how this goes...

WxSouth

• CFSv2 Has historic Winter Storm look mid and late January in Southeast to MidAtlantic. Locks hard core Winter pattern into February as well

Thought that model had all Jan cold a few weeks ago,and now its after two weeks of warmth,then the cold takes over. Heard that before.just frustrated right now!

WxSouth

• CFSv2 Has historic Winter Storm look mid and late January in Southeast to MidAtlantic. Locks hard core Winter pattern into February as well

:whistle: :whistle:

WxSouth

Oh boy! Can't wait. This definitely should verify like everything else this year.

Anybody else getting tired of hearing the next great cold and snowy pattern is 2 weeks / half a month away,and have it never materialize ! Yes,me too!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Greatest post in this thread imo.

Thought that model had all Jan cold a few weeks ago,and now its after two weeks of warmth,then the cold takes over. Heard that before.just frustrated right now!

Lol me too.

Well that is from Robert...not me. :weenie:

Maybe he can work some magic for us by late January.

If you're responding to me, I've never once posted anything about Robert or his blog, etc...*verbatim - I said that I understand the frustration and that it is a valid reaction.

If you're not responding to me....carry on....

Just responding to all the frustration, there is still hope!

:santa:

According to Robert its nothing impressive. But I disagree, made a thread for it days ago. Looking forward to the observations everyone.

Passive aggressive much? What is your deal with him? It's amazing when ever I ask you why you disagree with him you never actually respond with anything of substance. Why do a lot of mets not like posting? It's sh*t like this. Why are you not in school for meteorology since you clearly are so much better than Robert?

Passive aggressive much? What is your deal with him? It's amazing when ever I ask you why you disagree with him you never actually respond with anything of substance. Why do a lot of mets not like posting? It's sh*t like this. Why are you not in school for meteorology since you clearly are so much better than Robert?

I was responding to two different events. I have no beef with Robert, I forwarded his positive comments about this winter because people are asking for it. You want red taggers comments, there it is. I won't be posting anymore of it then.

You're risking the creation of a mini DT.

I was responding to two different events. I have no beef with Robert, I forwarded his positive comments about this winter because people are asking for it. You want red taggers comments, there it is. I won't be posting anymore of it then.

Then are you just being cheeky? Because every time you mention him it is at the end of some veiled insult or calling him a weenie. That's fine, but give your reasons as to why you think that.

So now everybody is supposed to agree with mets all the time? It's not like any of them have been right on this year. I disagree with them also. Haven't got excited yet this year about anything even when they say all the factors are there. Then there is always some factor that ruins it.

WxSouth

This is what I am talking about. How can people not get frustrated with this when the models can't even get it right 10 days from now? We heard way back in November how this winter was supposed to be cold. There might have been a few quick shots, but it's mostly been at or above normal. I think people get frustrated with this just as other folks get frustrated with the cliff divers. But when this keeps happening again and again, the cliff diving is somewhat understandable.

So now everybody is supposed to agree with mets all the time? It's not like any of them have been right on this year. I disagree with them also. Haven't got excited yet this year about anything even when they say all the factors are there. Then there is always some factor that ruins it.

No reread what I said. I said that if you disagree give your reasons. Pretty much every time he has taken a shot at Robert I've asked him to give his reasons why he thinks Robert is wrong. He mysteriously goes silent. What I'm saying is don't just take pot shots at a met for no reason, which is what he does specifically with Robert. There is a reason he came close to being in the semi finals against Brick for WOTY. At least Brick doesn't go after mets.

This is what I am talking about. How can people not get frustrated with this when the models can't even get it right 10 days from now? We heard way back in November how this winter was supposed to be cold. There might have been a few quick shots, but it's mostly been at or above normal. I think people get frustrated with this just as other folks get frustrated with the cliff divers. But when this keeps happening again and again, the cliff diving is somewhat understandable.

Cliff diving before the month of January is NEVER understandable.

Archived