• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

I have to disagree. Maybe it's because he is a fellow Georgian but his research into Georgia weather history is amazing. He has enough knowledge and statistics to back up his posts and he only posts about Georgia because that is what he knows best. Plenty of our red taggers only talk about their area as well.

This banter thread is about the only enjoyable thing in the Southeastern subforum. The other threads have just gone to hell. Maybe we should just have a meetup somewhere and have a big fight or something. Along the lines of anchorman. Warmistas vs cold lovers, GA vs NC, etc...

We can all meet here in ILM, sometimes cold, sometimes Warm, sometimes Warm & Cold....

Right now, My Bell peppers are still green & putting out a few Bell peppers...

Is it Winter YET?

Loved those Storms yesterday Morning, lotsa rain/Lighting/Thunder/high winds....

My brother resides in Sneads Ferry, yes there was a "confirmed" Tor on the ground yesterday...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this Saturday is all rain here and the system at the beginning of Jan is still up in the air. The best thing is the pattern looks active, so if it turns warm it might not last long. Still wish we could get something out of the system the start of Jan. Just not sure how many chances we will see since it does not look like it will stay cold for a long period.

It's really looking like a chance at a big storm won't come until late Jan/Mid Feb range. That's not unusual though.

seems like 7 days turns in to 7 days and then another 7 days. when do we get a snowstorm? our 7 days will eventually turn in to spring if don't watch it. Please don't delete this. Somebody is deleting our messages.

seems like 7 days turns in to 7 days and then another 7 days. when do we get a snowstorm? our 7 days will eventually turn in to spring if don't watch it. Please don't delete this. Somebody is deleting our messages.

We're in Storm Mode. Posts like this (and the one I'm currently writing) will be deleted since they have no meteorology, technical analysis, or scientific reasoning behind them. They should go in the banter thread. That's why they're being deleted.

Looks like this Saturday is all rain here and the system at the beginning of Jan is still up in the air. The best thing is the pattern looks active, so if it turns warm it might not last long. Still wish we could get something out of the system the start of Jan. Just not sure how many chances we will see since it does not look like it will stay cold for a long period.

lol :weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

vglxeg.jpg

wi1pbq.jpg

Or a conglomerate, if you will.

I swear I remember Lisa Simpson reciting that line in regard to Jebediah Springfield.

It was actually in the film strip about him and I believe it was Troy McClure. "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man". Then Mrs. Krabapple talks about how embiggens doesn't sound like a real word. Lisa's teacher then says, "It's a perfectly crompulant word". On the DVD with commentary the writers talk about how they had to create both words. Very funny.

The SE forum will go on major tilt if we go from...warm/rain to cool/rain to cold/dry. That would be funny.

I'll take cold and dry given the way last winter performed. At least for a proper insect reset.

It was actually in the film strip about him and I believe it was Troy McClure. "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man". Then Mrs. Krabapple talks about how embiggens doesn't sound like a real word. Lisa's teacher then says, "It's a perfectly crompulant word". On the DVD with commentary the writers talk about how they had to create both words. Very funny.

Ah - so my suspicion was right... I DO spend too much time watching television...

The cliff is moving at the same speed as your forecast.

Take small children by the hand and enjoy your plummet.

MUSIC:

It's a warm world after all, it's a warm, warm, warm, warm world.

I was a bad boy and placed this originally in the discussion thread. Sorry mods. Forgot we're in storm mode! :axe:

This was originally written in response to forecast for severe snow storm several years ago and sent to WXII's met (before Lani Pope - no longer remember who) and WGHP's Van Denton. Forecast called for a foot of snow and we wound up with a few flurries at best. Van replied it was too funny. He also advised that behind the scene's models were calling for two feet and not one, and they did not want to go to that extreme so they forecast a foot. Van is a good guy and I appreciate him and his forecasts!!! He does a good job (to me) of trying to lay the cards on the table and explaining the weather. :clap:

Sung to tune of "Let it Snow".

Oh the weathermen say it'll be frightful

But the kids say so delightful

And as long as they say it's so

It'll snow, it'll snow, it'll snow

It hasn't shown signs of beginning

Yet the children, they're still grinning

With the temperature dropping low

Hope it snows, hope it snows, hope it snows

In the morning when it gets light

How I hate going out in the cold

But if the weathermen get it right

I'll get to stay home with the snow

Now the fire is slowly dying

And outside there's no denying

As off to work I go

Where's the snow, where's the snow, where's the snow?

Original ending was

Now the fire is slowly dying

Guess the weathermen they were lying

I changed it after I sent it as I appreciate the mets too much, understand the realities of forecasting snow for this area, and wished to keep them as friends. Enjoy!

Using the principle of reverse wishcasting...my thoughts are that January will be mild and slightly wet with average daily temperatures in the 50's and a couple of warm blips in the low 70's. Lows at night will be above freezing. Some of us will see early spring flowers begining to pop up around the middle of the month.

(I was hoping for cold with some snow in December and the reverse happened. Therefore, my January wishcast will hopefully have a similar result...maybe.)

lol :weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

vglxeg.jpg

wi1pbq.jpg

Not surprising if we don't get anything at the beginning of January. Par for the cours here the past few years. It seems better to be further south. Alabama and Mississippi get more snow lately than central NC. I never understood why it is so hard to get snow here. You'd think being further north and close to the Atlantic would help us out.

We're in Storm Mode. Posts like this (and the one I'm currently writing) will be deleted since they have no meteorology, technical analysis, or scientific reasoning behind them. They should go in the banter thread. That's why they're being deleted.

I understand why since we're in storm mode. I don't understand why we're in storm mode, though. Doesn't seem like much is going to happen in the southeast with the two systems coming up unless you're in the mountains.

Archived