BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohe kay, I will try to keep the banter in the banter thread. Not everyone who enjoys following the weather has to be an expert, though.

I, for one, don't mind you posting your thoughts in banter. But lately, you post the same thing almost verbatim in every single thread. Once is ok, but 5 times in 5 different threads is too much.

Brick and Wilkesboro in banter is golden. You complainers should save your angst for the people in the weather discussion threads blathering on while contributing absolutely nothing. You know, this place isn't that bad. With some light moderation and general posters calling people out on true bull shiat, things can work themselves out fine.

Brick and Wilkesboro in banter is golden. You complainers should save your angst for the people in the weather discussion threads blathering on while contributing absolutely nothing. You know, this place isn't that bad. With some light moderation and general posters calling people out on true bull shiat, things can work themselves out fine.

And it seems okay for some folks to banter in the forecast thread and to do a lot of wishcasting.

And it seems okay for some folks to banter in the forecast thread and to do a lot of wishcasting.

Yep, and it's silly to allow people like GaWx to IMBY up those threads but hey, he's been around for awhile so slack gets cut for him. Whatever, it's all pretty funny really. I'm sure he's a great guy and I mean no disrespect, but in terms of cleaning up the distracting nonsense, his recent "percentage chance for snow in NE GA 4 days from now" posts should be moved to banter. I mean come on...

Ohe kay, I will try to keep the banter in the banter thread. Not everyone who enjoys following the weather has to be an expert, though.

I am not an expert at all but I find myself reading every disco board every waking hour. It's almost become unhealthy to a point! Folks hi my name is Doyle and I am addicted to learning weather! Lol. I have found that I have very little to bring to the discussion so I just lurk and LEARN! I is very helpful when people take time to explain some things but I know for sure that if I really want to learn I have to be willing to listen, research & read. I may have questions for folks and some of those may seem stupid, but I will only ask because I just need to know. I will never ask the same question more than once! I have also found that most posters here will respond fairly quickly to any pm's. That is a good way for me to get a question answered without filling up the board with brick isms. I get a laugh out of how much fun y'all have with each other. Keeps me coming back

Not sure who those posts are for anyway. I do wish mets like Matthew East and Allan Huffman would post more.

I agree those are two of my faves too. I have found 10-15 people that I really enjoy reading. All of the red taggers & green taggers. ColdRain, Burger, Bevo, wow, strongwx, GaWx, jb, Frosty, isop, AshevilleDon, griteater, mp184, power stroke are my fav reads. There are a few more but the names escape right now. The above mentioned are normally the most active in the threads that I read so I am able to remember those names. Thanks to all of y'all for the hard work and explaining so much to noobs like me!

Yep, and it's silly to allow people like GaWx to IMBY up those threads but hey, he's been around for awhile so slack gets cut for him. Whatever, it's all pretty funny really. I'm sure he's a great guy and I mean no disrespect, but in terms of cleaning up the distracting nonsense, his recent "percentage chance for snow in NE GA 4 days from now" posts should be moved to banter. I mean come on...

It seems if you post anything about possibility of cold and snow, you get positive comments or whatever, but if you say anything about warm or winter cancel, you get all these negative comments.

Got in a slight accident earlier...but I'm okay. Won't be able to drive my truck anytime time soon tho...its stuck.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Winter is over. When the models show cold and snow, it never happens. When they show warm, it always happens.

This, this, and this. People have been talking about the possibility of cold and snow since November.

It looks like now things are being pushed back 10 days again. The good stuff is always 10 days away. We keep getting sucked back in only to have toe models take everything away again.

This has been happening since mid to late November. Finally someone else is seeing the same thing I have been seeing or noticing.

I agree those are two of my faves too. I have found 10-15 people that I really enjoy reading. All of the red taggers & green taggers. ColdRain, Burger, Bevo, wow, strongwx, GaWx, jb, Frosty, isop, AshevilleDon, griteater, mp184,WilkesboroDude power stroke are my fav reads. There are a few more but the names escape right now. The above mentioned are normally the most active in the threads that I read so I am able to remember those names. Thanks to all of y'all for the hard work and explaining so much to noobs like me!

Fixed.

Fixed.

lol. I knew the banter police would take care of it for me! GaWx is almost my neighbor so I especially enjoy his thoughts because they are closer to home for me. It seems that the majority of posters live in NC. So when I see excitement on the boards it doesn't always mean that I'm gonna cash in. I love the Carloinas and have thought about moving up there many times. I just don't want to leave my Atlanta Falcons!

It seems if you post anything about possibility of cold and snow, you get positive comments or whatever, but if you say anything about warm or winter cancel, you get all these negative comments.

Maybe, but from my perspective I don't care what the outlook is as long as it's a sensible analysis and not some emo crap that people seem to often spew. The level of emotions that some people have about weather is hilarious and ridiculous. I'm all about discussing the realistic (as far as we can tell, obviously) outcomes. Wishcasting or Doubtcasting with emotions is silliness and doesn't belong in a weather discussion thread. Back it up with science, or move that shiat to banter is what I say. Funny how actual moderation works out on the internets sometimes though.

Regarding said banned poster, I see this a lot in the working world...you can be super smart and productive, with great leadership skills, but if you piss people off, you will NOT last.

Agreed! Half the time they don't even need to piss people off. They just need to be a tad socially... arrogant? I don't know the word to describe it. But always one-upping people, always criticizing what other people say, always acting like they are 100% right.

Agreed! Half the time they don't even need to piss people off. They just need to be a tad socially... arrogant? I don't know the word to describe it. But always one-upping people, always criticizing what other people say, always acting like they are 100% right.

I'm 100% right. Everybody else is wrong. I win. You lose.

Archived