BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just testing out the new Brickbot I got for Christmas. Still needs a bit of treaking, but it's almost there. I'll add the RAH thing. Good call.

I have to go back to work tomorrow and I don't think we're going to hit our sales goals. Since that's the case, I'd rather not go back. If you have to work and don't hit your goals, it would be better to just not have to work. I'd rather not work than work and not hit the goals.

See, the Brickbot works for other things besides weather too. Amazing.

Winter is over. When the models show cold and snow, it never happens. When they show warm, it always happens.

If we don't get something in the next two weeks, it looks like we won't get another shot.

DT says it's going to be cold in Jan and Feb, so I'm thinking things will pick up soon. We usually get more snow in Jan and Feb than December, so it's good it's going to be cold then. I think we will get snow then.

Robert and Allen never post here anymore. They must only post on their blogs. It sucks that we don't have any mets on here anymore.

This weekend event looks pretty good. Seems like people are starting to get excited.

Things are trending better. I seems like folks are saying we're going to get some snow soon.

It looks like now things are being pushed back 10 days again. The good stuff is always 10 days away. We keep getting sucked back in only to have toe models take everything away again.

I'd rather it be cold and snowy. But if it's going to be cold and dry, I'd rather it just be warm. But if it's going to be warm and wet, I'd rather it just be spring or summer. If it's going to be spring or summer, I'd rather it be cool and stormy. At least there might be severe weather. But if it's going to be cool and stormy, then I'd rather it be winter. Because cool and stormy in the winter would bring snow. That's what they say. So if it's going to be cool and stormy in the winter, I think it will snow.

Fantastic compilation work, Cold Rain! I think we should bundle these quotes together and offer a special after-Christmas sale on "Brick-isms." Buy the whole package for $9.99 and it comes with a complementary pack of wieners. Or you can buy each saying individually for $2.99 each. Purchase immediately adds a button to your editing toolbar and enables you to add any of these quotes to your post by simply clicking that button. I think we could make a good deal of cash for the board community and promote wienerism everywhere.

If you ask other folks that live here they would tell you the same thing. Models show snow more than 48 hours out, it hardly ever happens. Models show a warm up in the winter 10 days out, it'll happen almost every time.

I agree with this 110%. It takes a perfect synoptic setup to get snow, while it just takes a less than perfect synoptic setup to be warm. Pretty much common sense if you ask me.

You do realize snow has to fall through air below freezing all the way to the ground right? Do you have a clever statistic for how many times the 850mb temperature has been 0C and the precipitation is still rain? I can guarantee you it happens quite a bit.

There are exceptions to that.

You do realize snow has to fall through air below freezing all the way to the ground right? Do you have a clever statistic for how many times the 850mb temperature has been 0C and the precipitation is still rain? I can guarantee you it happens quite a bit.

You're a terrible poster who brings nothing useful to this forum. Scram, nobody likes your nasty tone.

Yes, because it's true.

Says the guy who's never looked at a model - don't tell me what happens with models when you don't even bother to learn what they are even suggesting.

And let's be honest...you don't use common sense. Your "sense" is just an amalgamation of weather blogs and FB tid bits of what others are "saying". See the above string of posts for reference.

Says the guy who's never looked at a model - don't tell me what happens with models when you don't even bother to learn what they are even suggesting.

Well, I know what I read, and I can look at the snow maps from the models. It's called living here and experience. It is true that most times than not the models do not verify when it comes to snow here more than 48 hours out, and most of the time the warmth does verify when shown in the long range. It's just common sense because snow around here is harder to get than warmth in the winter.

And let's be honest...you don't use common sense. Your "sense" is just an amalgamation of weather blogs and FB tid bits of what others are "saying". See the above string of posts for reference.

You did NOT just drop the word 'amalgamation'! Nice one. Since it's before 9:00 pm, we'll let that slide!

This is meteorology. Meteorology is a science.

The content here is not (or at least SHOULD NOT be) a discussion board forecasting based on folklore, old wives's tales, personal hunch, unjustified opinions, and the like. If you can't at least give an objective, professional meteorological viewpoint in your posts in forecast discussion threads, then you have no business posting and clogging the flow of discussion with crap. It's not just Brick by any means, but he is the best example of a person who needs a 5 post daily (or weekly) limit because every single post is redundant.

If you can't contribute analysis or inject professional meteorological experience, then please remain quiet.

I gets old, and it gets annoying. Real fast.

Cold Rain knows I'm right about this, though.

When a model shows a snowstorm 10 days out it's less likely to be right than when a model snows no snow 10 days out. I agree with that. I just don't think it's necessarily necessary to necessarily say that several times per day. Probably most people already know it.

This is meteorology. Meteorology is a science.

The content here is not (or at least SHOULD NOT be) a discussion board forecasting based on folklore, old wives's tales, personal hunch, unjustified opinions, and the like. If you can't at least give an objective, professional meteorological viewpoint in your posts in forecast discussion threads, then you have no business posting and clogging the flow of discussion with crap. It's not just Brick by any means, but he is the best example of a person who needs a 5 post daily (or weekly) limit because every single post is redundant.

If you can't contribute analysis or inject professional meteorological experience, then please remain quiet.

I gets old, and it gets annoying. Real fast.

Except for here in Banter -

Tell her to shave or wax next time!!

Glad your ok Wilks!

I have pretty much gave up on the forecast threads on this site and all the little pissing contests! I'm sticking with Roberts site (WxSouth) for forecast and model breakdown.

For here the banter and observation are the only ones worth looking at.we have seriously went downhill in the last year..I feel for our newest Mod down in Columbia. And some of these yo-yo's need to be intro'd to Lookout IMHO.

Archived