• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

yeah....a bit too much hand wringing and bickering over something thats gonna be what it's gonna be. If it's warm the heat bill is low. One of the reasons snow is special for us in the south is because it just dosn't happen very often. For my part at least it is alot more interesting with things to talk about this year.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of folks on the Jan forecast thtead also talking about Jan turning warm at mid month. So I am not just making stuff up. Maybe we can cash in and get one big storm but it is going to be awfully hard it seems after the first week of January. And then we can just push things back to February and hope then. Maybe the players on the field are all there, but if they still aren't good enough to produce a win, does it matter?

I agree. Too much drama...that is basically my gripe. That is my point. Can't understand why people get mad for someone saying it is going to be warm or cold. It has been going on for two days...

I generally have no issues with your posts. They are fairly informed and well stated. It would seem that the matter of fact way in which many posts have come across this year (not pointing to anyone specifically) have caused others to perceive a superior tone and basic jaw slapping (again - not specific to anyone). As much as I hate the phrase "micro climate", it is difficult for us all to understand certain progs when we have seen the opposite ends of the weather spectrum. I have benefited greatly from the AO/NAO relationship since April, in spite of a predominate - PNA. Others have not. So when I read so many comparisons to last winter and some out right statements as "fact" that this year is/will be the same, I frankly don't get it. So far, nothing has seemed too far amiss to me here in my *cringe* "micro climate". Except the stunning rain coup in the last 3 days. Personally, I don't think you're being negative.

So you guys don't think it is going to warm up because the models can't be trusted? It just seems they can't be trusted when they show snow around here if it's more than 48 hours out. But if it shows a warm up it'll probably happen. Just the way things are around here the past couple of years.

Allow me to answer your question with another question: Are you waiting for all of us to make your mind up for you?

So we have to prove things in the banter thread now? How about that just seems to be what happens. More times than not when the models show a snow more than 48 hours out in central NC it doesn't happen. However, if they show a warm up in winter 10 days out it usually does happen. That's just my experience living here. Most of the time no one knows what is going to happen if there is a chance of snow. But when it shows no chance and warmth in winter here, more often than not it happens that way.

Things look a little interesting for time being, at least the word in in the forecast! lol But i'm sure it will change many times in the next week, just hope it changes for the better...

.SATURDAY...RAIN AND SNOW LIKELY IN THE MORNING...THEN RAIN

LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN

THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 20S.

.SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S.

LOWS IN THE MID 20S.

.MONDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S.

.MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS

AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS AROUND 30. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

30 PERCENT.

.NEW YEARS DAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS

IN THE MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON.

HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF

RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. HIGHS IN THE MID

40S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.

So we have to prove things in the banter thread now? How about that just seems to be what happens. More times than not when the models show a snow more than 48 hours out in central NC it doesn't happen. However, if they show a warm up in winter 10 days out it usually does happen. That's just my experience living here. Most of the time no one knows what is going to happen if there is a chance of snow. But when it shows no chance and warmth in winter here, more often than not it happens that way.

Bollocks. It's not just here in Banter. You post the same thing in every thread.

Bollocks. It's not just here in Banter. You post the same thing in every thread.

Whatever. It's how things are around here. If a model shows snow more than a couple days out for central NC, most of the time it doesn't happen. If it shows a warm up, though, it usually happens. It's just easier to handle the warmups than it is for everything that has to go right to get snow here. Ask anyone that has lived here for a long time and they will tell you the same.

I'd rather it be cold and snowy. But if it's going to be cold and dry, I'd rather it just be warm. But if it's going to be warm and wet, I'd rather it just be spring or summer. If it's going to be spring or summer, I'd rather it be cool and stormy. At least there might be severe weather. But if it's going to be cool and stormy, then I'd rather it be winter. Because cool and stormy in the winter would bring snow. That's what they say. So if it's going to be cool and stormy in the winter, I think it will snow.

It looks like now things are being pushed back 10 days again. The good stuff is always 10 days away. We keep getting sucked back in only to have toe models take everything away again.

Do you feel better now that you have gotten all that off your chest? If I didn't know better, I'd say that Brick has highjacked your posts.

Archived