BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Christmas present to the board. I wrote this several years ago after models forecasted two feet, locals forecasted a foot, and we received flurries... Sung to "Let It Snow". Enjoy!

Oh the weathermen say it'll be frightful

But the kids say so delightful

And as long as they say it's so

It'll snow, it'll snow, it'll snow

It hasn't shown signs of beginning

Yet the children, they're still grinning

With the temperature dropping low

Hope it snows, hope it snows, hope it snows

In the morning when it gets light

How I hate going out in the cold

But if the weathermen get it right

I'll get to stay home with the snow

Now the fire is slowly dying

And outside there's no denying

As off to work I go

Where's the snow, where's the snow, where's the snow?

My Christmas present to the board. I wrote this several years ago after models forecasted two feet, locals forecasted a foot, and we received flurries... Sung to "Let It Snow". Enjoy!

Oh the weathermen say it'll be frightful

But the kids say so delightful

And as long as they say it's so

It'll snow, it'll snow, it'll snow

It hasn't shown signs of beginning

Yet the children, they're still grinning

With the temperature dropping low

Hope it snows, hope it snows, hope it snows

In the morning when it gets light

How I hate going out in the cold

But if the weathermen get it right

I'll get to stay home with the snow

Now the fire is slowly dying

And outside there's no denying

As off to work I go

Where's the snow, where's the snow, where's the snow?

LOL! Nice. Just sung it and enjoyed it.

Instead of snow we have to worry about tornadoes today. And it looks less and less likely there will be snow around here with the next two systems. Then it's going to warm up. This winter is quickly starting to suck.

You really have no idea what is going on, do you? Based on your post - you have taken information from about 4 different people and put together a mutt.

What kind of a warm up do you believe is going to happen?

The warm up that Allan Huffman talked about today in his blog. He said hopefully we can squeeze something out of these two upcoming events because it looks warm for the forseeable future after that for January. It is par for the course, though. All this talk about blocking and a great pattern for winter and it still doesn't happen. Always something throws things off. Tired of hearing about the great pattern all the time to get nothing from it.

The warm up that Allan Huffman talked about today in his blog. He said hopefully we can squeeze something out of these two upcoming events because it looks warm for the forseeable future after that for January. It is par for the course, though. All this talk about blocking and a great pattern for winter and it still doesn't happen. Always something throws things off. Tired of hearing about the great pattern all the time to get nothing from it.

Oh Brick.... :facepalm:

On his blog, what were the temps that accompanied this warm up? And par for the course? In relation to what? Please explain specifics.

Tired of hearing such grand generalities, exaggerations and assumptions based on poor memory and bad interpretation skills.

lol you get one day of bad model runs and all of the sudden it's time to break out the Bermuda shorts with everyone. This really is the "pile on" board. When it's bad everyone jumps in to pile on....when it's good everyone jumps in pile on top of how good it's gonna be. It reminds me of my job running social media for a consumer product. You go in waves, when the negative wave is coming people come out of the wood work to tell you how much your product sucks...when the positive wave the same happens with people telling you how great you are...it's never just regular people having regular opinions. It's like the entire internet is bi-polar...then again to follow the weather like we do and post on a board some screw has gotta be loose.

lol you get one day of bad model runs and all of the sudden it's time to break out the Bermuda shorts with everyone. This really is the "pile on" board. When it's bad everyone jumps in to pile on....when it's good everyone jumps in pile on top of how good it's gonna be. It reminds me of my job running social media for a consumer product. You go in waves, when the negative wave is coming people come out of the wood work to tell you how much your product sucks...when the positive wave the same happens with people telling you how great you are...it's never just regular people having regular opinions. It's like the entire internet is bi-polar...then again to follow the weather like we do and post on a board some screw has gotta be loose.

I don't even think them to have been that bad really.

Here's my issue with the geyser of "warm up" information right now...how much should I trust LR warm up forecasts having just experienced the results of the LR cold forecasts? That is nothing more than simple reasoning. Who knew I would go from below normal rainfall for December to just above in a matter of days? At the beginning of the month, I read the doomsday progs of drought with no relief in sight.

We have an active pattern. An active pattern IS a good pattern. It's definitely a **** side better than last winter.

The solution to this predicament is to stop reading. If you don't read, you can't hear anything about it. Problem solved! :whistle:

Of course, this would cause your WOTY run to suffer somewhat...

I agree with Burger on this. Almost every day or two the models seems to flip warm, cold, over and over and each time they do it its the same thing in here. Most take them as gospel for either gloom and doom warm or great joy the arctic express is coming depending which day it is. The models are obviously clueless past 3 or 4 days as shown by how quickly they flip and we just have to ride it out and not let our emotions get to us either way. I am a snow weenie like the best of them but know we just have to be patient here in the SE.

BTW the 6z gfs ensembles didn't look to bad with respect to the new years storm for upper SE. Maybe the Euro wasn't good, I don't know, but I don't put it on the pedestal much more than the GFS. Its been wrong often as well.

I'm in Eastern WV, near the VA line and I'm seeing heavy snow, sleet, freezing rain, etc. I took a video, lots of wind if it was just snowing heavier it would be blizzard conditions! Missing out on the SVR risk today in NC, I pray that my family and friends go unaffected and hope some of you guys get a decent chase in!

I'm in Eastern WV, near the VA line and I'm seeing heavy snow, sleet, freezing rain, etc. I took a video, lots of wind if it was just snowing heavier it would be blizzard conditions! Missing out on the SVR risk today in NC, I pray that my family and friends go unaffected and hope some of you guys get a decent chase in!

You've seen more snow than any of this last month. Just stay there and let us live vicariously through you. :cry:

I'm moving my response to the banter thread, because that's what this entire discussion really is.

As it should be...but that in truth is not how it has been for two days. If you proclaim cold, you are welcomed. If you proclaim warmth, you are a negative Nancy. These types of patterns are frustrating for all of us who like normal winter weather. But right now, outside of the CFS there is little support for it. Don't shoot the messengers is my message.

I disagree. If you proclaim winter is over and there's no hope for us all with regards to winter weather and this winter is going to be just as bad as last winter and the world is coming to an end and..., then you're a bore. (All those things might be true, but no one can prove that.) That's not what you have been doing, but some have. You're giving substantial reasons for why you feel warmth is coming in the immediate future, or at least why no winter weather is coming in the immediate future. I like science and reason and logical debate. I dislike drama, whining, and fait accompli pronouncements of the death of winter.

The Euro has shown signs of promise for potential winter weather systems recently, so let's see where it goes. Models are so volatile that no one can say with certainty what's going to happen three days from now, much less 3 weeks.

glass-is-always-full.jpg

I'm moving my response to the banter thread, because that's what this entire discussion really is.

I disagree. If you proclaim winter is over and there's no hope for us all with regards to winter weather and this winter is going to be just as bad as last winter and the world is coming to an end and..., then you're a bore. (All those things might be true, but no one can prove that.) That's not what you have been doing, but some have. You're giving substantial reasons for why you feel warmth is coming in the immediate future, or at least why no winter weather is coming in the immediate future. I like science and reason and logical debate. I dislike drama, whining, and fait accompli pronouncements of the death of winter.

The Euro has shown signs of promise for potential winter weather systems recently, so let's see where it goes. Models are so volatile that no one can say with certainty what's going to happen three days from now, much less 3 weeks.

glass-is-always-full.jpg

I agree. Too much drama...that is basically my gripe. That is my point. Can't understand why people get mad for someone saying it is going to be warm or cold. It has been going on for two days...

Archived