Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a severe weather nut anytime of the year. Snow is boring..! :gun_bandana:

And, you're very good at the disco and predictions too. The danger of making sweeping generalities is that, of course, you're going to peg some people incorrectly. Thus, you and andyhb and ICEHOCEY77 (what happened to the H in hockey?) and Srain are more than welcome to continue posting all about the severe weather. I'll even continue to read it too, so that I can learn, but my true joy is a winter's snowstorm.

But, weather is weather, and I'll follow it all!

:twister:

Storm mode? For what? Snow mid Atlantic is not SE. Wow. Oh some snow in Tenn. Just not a major winter storm for storm mode. Lol. Oh well

Lol obviously you haven't heard that there might be a substantial tornado outbreak tomorrow! No one is paying attention to that crap in Tennessee! Also major snowstorm on the N side of the low.

And, you're very good at the disco and predictions too. The danger of making sweeping generalities is that, of course, you're going to peg some people incorrectly. Thus, you and andyhb and ICEHOCEY77 (what happened to the H in hockey?) and Srain are more than welcome to continue posting all about the severe weather. I'll even continue to read it too, so that I can learn, but my true joy is a winter's snowstorm.

But, weather is weather, and I'll follow it all!

:twister:

Severe weather is definitely my passion. I don't hate snow and I'd gladly take a nice snowstorm, but if I had a choice over a snowstorm or a severe thunderstorm, I'd pick the t-storm. (Unless I'm going to get a foot or two of snow) :lol: While severe weather can be dangerous and sometimes, unfortunately, deadly, I marvel at the power of it all.

Not to mention a widespread heavy rain event for holiday travel and events.

You really think that's why we're in storm mode? For heavy rain?

Severe weather is definitely my passion. I don't hate snow and I'd gladly take a nice snowstorm, but if I had a choice over a snowstorm or a severe thunderstorm, I'd pick the t-storm. (Unless I'm going to get a foot or two of snow) :lol: While severe weather can be dangerous and sometimes, unfortunately, deadly, I marvel at the power of it all.

I totally agree that severe weather is awe-inspiring. The entire dynamics of how our atmosphere works together and produces the different conditions that it does makes me amazed.

The heavens declare the glory of God... -Psalm 19:1

Merry Christmas everyone. Looks like we have a serious threat for severe weather around her tomorrow and then a couple of shots at winter weather after that. Hope we get some snow out of at least one of those because it looks like the pattern flips after that and it might be the only shot we get around here for snow this winter.

Merry Christmas everyone. Looks like we have a serious threat for severe weather around her tomorrow and then a couple of shots at winter weather after that. Hope we get some snow out of at least one of those because it looks like the pattern flips after that and it might be the only shot we get around here for snow this winter.

Boo hoo hoo hoo :cry: Merry Christmas brickster! :violin:

Wow....you really do want the WOTY award this year don't you?

Jus think once the pattern goes back warm it might be hard to get some cold back in here. Really worried the Triangle is going to be right on the rain and snow like with these next two shots and hope it can be cold enough here for snow.

Your idea of "warm" is probably very different from what it will actually be.

And who have you been listening to? Who is responsible for your current belief that the pattern is "flipping" to this dramatic warm spell? You make it sound like it will last until April. Seriously, I have to wonder about your interpretation filter.

Saturday

Overcast with a chance of snow and rain showers, then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Fog early. High of 39F with a windchill as low as 25F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.

Wednesday

Overcast with a chance of snow. High of 36F with a windchill as low as 21F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the WNW in the afternoon. Chance of snow 20%.

Wednesday Night

Overcast with a chance of snow. Fog overnight. Low of 21F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60% with heavy snow possible.

Not sure why my post was zapped....here goes again. Bit Grinch-like i might add. Anyone staying up for the Euro tonight? Casey can do pbp if Burger cannot. PM me if an admin has a problem with my posts. Also, I mentioned that I appreciate the great discussion today as I have been doing my dad duties. Barely can get to the models to look at things, so it has been nice.

Not sure why my post was zapped....here goes again. Bit Grinch-like i might add. Anyone staying up for the Euro tonight? Casey can do pbp if Burger cannot. PM me if an admin has a problem with my posts. Also, I mentioned that I appreciate the great discussion today as I have been doing my dad duties. Barely can get to the models to look at things, so it has been nice.

I may stay up for PBP...usually I'm not on it unless it feels like a major threat as I enjoy my sleep. Mods can feel free to move this to banter if they like.

Saturday

Overcast with a chance of snow and rain showers, then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Fog early. High of 39F with a windchill as low as 25F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.

Wednesday

Overcast with a chance of snow. High of 36F with a windchill as low as 21F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the WNW in the afternoon. Chance of snow 20%.

Wednesday Night

Overcast with a chance of snow. Fog overnight. Low of 21F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60% with heavy snow possible.

What is this? Your forecast for your own area? A forecast for Minnesota? A NWS forecast? An accuweather forecast? A TWC forecast?

How about a little context or source? :unsure:

Archived