BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, if we don't see snow out of the system being hyped around Jan 3, does everyone make the jump?

Hell no. Pattern is active and if you just run any run of the GFS loop you can see things will be popping off in the southeast or at least the Atlantic coast come jan and feb.

So, if we don't see snow out of the system being hyped around Jan 3, does everyone make the jump?

I don't jump, Brick. I always hold out hope. Some of you have your emotions way too tied up into specific events and model runs. If these next two events don't pan out, there will be other opportunities in January, February, March, etc. Sure, I'll be disappointed that the upcoming events don't happen, but why do I have to feel the world is coming to an end? It didn't end on Friday, and it won't end if I don't get snow at the beginning of January. (If it did end, I wouldn't be hear to worry about it anyway!) There's always another day, another storm to hope for. The drama in here is quite comical, at times, and quite annoying, at other times. Let's enjoy the weather and the chase...

NCZ003-241130-

SURRY-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DOBSON

325 PM EST SUN DEC 23 2012

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. NOT AS

COOL WITH LOWS IN THE MID 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE

OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.

.MONDAY...RAIN. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. SOUTHEAST WINDS AROUND

10 MPH...BECOMING SOUTH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

CHANCE OF RAIN 90 PERCENT.

.MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING...

THEN PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER

MIDNIGHT. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE AROUND 40. LIGHT AND VARIABLE

WINDS. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT.

.CHRISTMAS DAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE

AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.

CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. LIGHT AND

VARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING EAST 10 TO 15 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR 100 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY...SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN

90 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE

EVENING. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

.THURSDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF SPRINKLES IN THE AFTERNOON.

HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S.

.THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE UPPER

20S. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT.

LOWS IN THE MID 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN. HIGHS

IN THE UPPER 40S.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE

EVENING. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF FLURRIES IN THE MORNING...

THEN A CHANCE OF SPRINKLES IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS AROUND 40.

Very wintry week coming up! :rolleyes:

I don't know. I have a bad feeling if we don't get something good at the start of Jan it might be our only chance.

If we get a PNA ridge and some blocking in early January that will probably be as good as a chance we have this winter. If that pattern holds for a few weeks than maybe we can get a couple of chances, if it snaps back after 7-10 days to the crappy pacific we has before we may be in trouble. I am thinking we snap back which means this Jan 3rd threat better pan out.

NCZ003-241130-

SURRY-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DOBSON

325 PM EST SUN DEC 23 2012

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. NOT AS

COOL WITH LOWS IN THE MID 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE

OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.

.MONDAY...RAIN. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. SOUTHEAST WINDS AROUND

10 MPH...BECOMING SOUTH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

CHANCE OF RAIN 90 PERCENT.

.MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING...

THEN PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER

MIDNIGHT. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE AROUND 40. LIGHT AND VARIABLE

WINDS. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT.

.CHRISTMAS DAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE

AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.

CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. LIGHT AND

VARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING EAST 10 TO 15 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR 100 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY...SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN

90 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE

EVENING. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

.THURSDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF SPRINKLES IN THE AFTERNOON.

HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S.

.THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE UPPER

20S. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT.

LOWS IN THE MID 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN. HIGHS

IN THE UPPER 40S.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE

EVENING. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF FLURRIES IN THE MORNING...

THEN A CHANCE OF SPRINKLES IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS AROUND 40.

Very wintry week coming up! :rolleyes:

Yeah. When you have a chance of sprinkles it's time to batten down the hatches.

Copy/pasta.

Maybe he just doesn't like us anymore. Not sure why his free info wouldn't be sent here...I know some of the older generations/lurkers may not have Facebook.

It's not copy pasta. It's all different stuff. He COULD copy and paste but his posts here and on fb is not his paid stuff.

If we get a PNA ridge and some blocking in early January that will probably be as good as a chance we have this winter. If that pattern holds for a few weeks than maybe we can get a couple of chances, if it snaps back after 7-10 days to the crappy pacific we has before we may be in trouble. I am thinking we snap back which means this Jan 3rd threat better pan out.

That is what I am afraid of, too. It might be a good pattern, but it's not going to last forever. If we don't get anything out of it at the beginning we might not get anything at all.

Yeah, not sure why we look so far out at what the models say but we keep getting suckered back in, though. It always seems something good is 10 days away but it hardly ever happens. Most of the time the good stuff around here doesn't show up until 48 hours ahead of time, and sometimes that is even too soon. The record storm of 2000 should tell us anything is possible around here.

We always seem to be 10 days away from a good chance of snow. It gets old. Not sure why we ever trust the models that far out. We keep getting suckered baxk in, though. It seems the only time we actually get anything in my area is when something doesn't show up on the models until 48 hours or less ahead of time.

And...this is why you should have consideration for WOTY. You just posted virtually the exact same thing in two different pinned threads during Storm Mode. Do you cut and paste to increase your post count? And...it was basically a variant of what Cold Rain had already posted earlier; i.e. you plagiarized someone else's post, but you took out all the relevant weather knowledge that Cold Rain had provided. Come on! Really?

:axe:

And...this is why you should have consideration for WOTY. You just posted virtually the exact same thing in two different pinned threads during Storm Mode. Do you cut and paste to increase your post count? And...it was basically a variant of what Cold Rain had already posted earlier; i.e. you plagiarized someone else's post, but you took out all the relevant weather knowledge that Cold Rain had provided. Come on! Really?

:axe:

Classic Brick.

It would not hurt my feelings if the Christmas storm delayed it's arrival to central NC until really late Christmas night. My wife has been ICU at UNC-CH since Wednesday, and I've been driving there every day from Clayton. You gotta know me to understand... I grew up on the Outer Banks, where we had 2 roads, one with a 35 mph speed limit, and the other with a 55mph (now mostly 50). When I got married and moved inland, I had to learn to deal with people who drive 80 in a 65, 90 in a 70. I'm that old dog you can't teach new tricks to. I hate the interstates, I hate rush hour traffic, I hate driving at night, and I especially hate driving in any form of precipitation on these poorly marked roads, where the lane lines disappear in a drizzle. My current plans are to drive to the hospital Christmas Eve around 8 and spend the day at the hospital with my wife, and come back home Christmas evening/night for a shower/shave/long nap. So, if some of you have those magic gremlins that can hold off the rain a little while so I don't have to leave my wife alone too early in the afternoon on Christmas Day, I'd appreciate it if you could toss a little mojo around... especially since snow is going to be a non-factor in this area. And a very merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all of you!!!!

We always seem to be 10 days away from a good chance of snow. It gets old. Not sure why we ever trust the models that far out. We keep getting suckered baxk in, though. It seems the only time we actually get anything in my area is when something doesn't show up on the models until 48 hours or less ahead of time.

This post sponsored by the Department of Redundancy Department.

It would not hurt my feelings if the Christmas storm delayed it's arrival to central NC until really late Christmas night. My wife has been ICU at UNC-CH since Wednesday, and I've been driving there every day from Clayton. You gotta know me to understand... I grew up on the Outer Banks, where we had 2 roads, one with a 35 mph speed limit, and the other with a 55mph (now mostly 50). When I got married and moved inland, I had to learn to deal with people who drive 80 in a 65, 90 in a 70. I'm that old dog you can't teach new tricks to. I hate the interstates, I hate rush hour traffic, I hate driving at night, and I especially hate driving in any form of precipitation on these poorly marked roads, where the lane lines disappear in a drizzle. My current plans are to drive to the hospital Christmas Eve around 8 and spend the day at the hospital with my wife, and come back home Christmas evening/night for a shower/shave/long nap. So, if some of you have those magic gremlins that can hold off the rain a little while so I don't have to leave my wife alone too early in the afternoon on Christmas Day, I'd appreciate it if you could toss a little mojo around... especially since snow is going to be a non-factor in this area. And a very merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all of you!!!!

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Stinks to have to spend Christmas in the hospital. I hope she is going to be ok.

We've turned the corner, but it's going to be a long road. During a hysterectomy to also remove a hopefully contained cancer, the colon somehow got a hole punctured in it, bowel was leaking into the abdomen, so they had to do a 2nd and more invasive abdominal sternum to pelvic bone surgery to correct the problem. Unfortunately, one of those 'risks' you sign off on when you sign the consent forms. She's dealing with 2 major surgeries in less than 36 hours, and at 68 years old, well, she's not going to recover quite as fast as I did when I had abdominal surgery (3 times - also cancer related) when I was a spry, fit 26 year old specimen. Hopefully, things I learned from my problems will help her in her recovery. Appreciate any good thoughts that come along - don't want to screw up the "we're always seeing snow 10 days out on the models" banter thread :D :D :)

Archived