• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

Not this argument again....Raleigh's 100+ year average is 7.5", you can pick whatever period you want, Raleigh's 1.5 year average is 0.5", its 8 year average is 2.2", its 13 year average is 7".

Weather is very cyclical, the past 24 years have been on a downward trend, the previous 20+ years we were probably close to 9", its best to average over a lengthy time. Oops, I guess I did argue :-)

I won't argue either, but there's a reason the NWS goes with 30 years averages. It gives the best blend of long and short term climate trends. As they say, the trend is not your friend.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we will have to worry more about storms on Christmas and the 26th instead of snow. But I still think that system is going to open the door for more to come, and we will have a couple of better shots for snow around here the end of the month and the first of January. Still lots of activity and we will hit it right soon.

Looks like we will have to worry more about storms on Christmas and the 26th instead of snow. But I still think that system is going to open the door for more to come, and we will have a couple of better shots for snow around here the end of the month and the first of January. Still lots of activity and we will hit it right soon.

This is great news, thanks for giving us your insight. I will back away from the ledge now.

January 3rd is my birthday. :)

Would be mighty cool to get a birthday snowstorm. :snowing:

You got a random dusting of snow last year somehow. lol

The bad news just keeps coming, we can't win.

This!!!!

We certainly will get storms no Mayan meteorologist predicted.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

New page that shows significant low tracks. http://www.daculawea...pc_sig_lows.php

I like this. Very cool.

Although things do look better this year vs last, I'm starting to get nervous that we will keep getting the storms in the med to long range only to warm as we get closer. Now we have the CFS forecast turning much warmer for January vs a few days ago. I hope its wrong but feel the -pna will probably be back in ernest.

What could be worse than last year though

right lol?

Archived