BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy the CMC is a jackpot run for the central and western Carolinas. The EURO is sort of split between the GFS and CMC. So many choices, but plenty of time to evaluate. I DO like the post about DT's analysis and think it is spot on. (Personally, I just wish he had a little more tact, though)

If I were to predict something right now, I think the GFS is too far N and W, the CMC too far S and E. The EURO is probably pretty close but a touch too far N and W too. Of course, all of the solutions could be wrong at this point. Best bet is to study the ENS forecast, which I haven't done yet. Until the shortwaves can be sampled better via soundings, each run for all of the models is touch and go at this point.

I look forward to further discussion!

Boy the CMC is a jackpot run for the central and western Carolinas. The EURO is sort of split between the GFS and CMC. So many choices, but plenty of time to evaluate. I DO like the post about DT's analysis and think it is spot on. (Personally, I just wish he had a little more tact, though)

If I were to predict something right now, I think the GFS is too far N and W, the CMC too far S and E. The EURO is probably pretty close but a touch too far N and W too. Of course, all of the solutions could be wrong at this point. Best bet is to study the ENS forecast, which I haven't done yet. Until the shortwaves can be sampled better via soundings, each run for all of the models is touch and go at this point.

I look forward to further discussion!

Me too! And thanks for posting your thoughts I appreciate you taking the time post here...

Being a pharmacy student I can't help but remind you all, get your flu shots y'all! Believe it or not, it helps. Most states in SE have most cases of flu so far, off the charts almost. This year is in bold, last year is the faint blue line!

ZdqpG.png

What's up with all of the smart ass posters recently? The usual suspects that nobody likes due to their attitude. I won't name names but its not hard to figure out either.

I'm sure it won't take long for these posters to be sent to time out this winter ;) If they would learn to read more and post less it would make everyone happy :angry:

Yep,.....my ignore list just keeps growing and growing......It's a really neat feature.

Yeah the ignore feature is a beautiful thing.

I can't ignore anymore :(

On the bright side the delete/report button is working well :lol:

NWS Blacksburg

As of 500 am EST Saturday...

Now that we have survived the shortest day (and longest night) of

the year...time to start adding daylight back to the diurnal

cycle. Still got to get through the lag time and cold of winter

but at least it will be getting brighter with each passing day.

:sun:

Great. Now we have the Sun angle going against us. :o

I love how everyone is writing off the Christmas storm, albeit some at another board are writing off the New Years storm. Embarrassing, especially with it being still a few days away, and a week and a half away for the New Years storm. If the models aren't showing favorable outcomes within 36-48 hours, ill finally give up. Not until then, for either storm.

I am ready for this bloody month and year to be over with, evidently only way the east coast is going to get a winter storm in 2012 is from a hurricane. Calendar years 2011 and 2012 produced a grand total of 1" in RDU which means 2013 needs 21" to get back on average!

Raleigh only averages 3.9" based on the 30 year average.

Raleigh only averages 3.9" based on the 30 year average.

Not this argument again....Raleigh's 100+ year average is 7.5", you can pick whatever period you want, Raleigh's 1.5 year average is 0.5", its 8 year average is 2.2", its 13 year average is 7".

Weather is very cyclical, the past 24 years have been on a downward trend, the previous 20+ years we were probably close to 9", its best to average over a lengthy time. Oops, I guess I did argue :-)

Archived