BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to thank everyone for their obvious hard work and knowledgeable comments. I have learned so much just sitting back and reading everything. I especially appreciate the red taggers who take time from the busy schedule to drop a little knowledge for a noob like myself. I am blown away by the knowledge of many of the non red taggers also. You guys and gals ROCK! I have so much fun here and check up on the boards every hour. My inner weenie (get your mind out of the gutter) absolutely love the runs from today! I know it will change but it is fun to look at! I can't wait for someone to start the thread about the New Years and after storms that could deliver some beautiful weather to my neck of the woods. I am so ready for this cold air to make its way to atlanta. Until then I will sit back and soak up what everyone is teaching me. Thanks again everyone! PS I am so glad BrierCreekWx has decided not to leave. I just can not understand why losers come to places like this for the sole reason to bash people. People like that must live a miserable life.

Welcome! I agree with everything you said. Here's to a great winter after Christmas!

Bend over and I'll show ya!

And in the off chance that anyone has never seen the greatest modern Christmas movie ever, Christmas Vacation, that is a quote from the movie...not Cold Rain being mean to Poimen.

And if you haven't seen the movie, if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now. :)

And in the off chance that anyone has never seen the greatest modern Christmas movie ever, Christmas Vacation, that is a quote from the movie...not Cold Rain being mean to Poimen.

And if you haven't seen the movie, if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now. :)

+1 awesome movie!!! :thumbsup:

I miss a couple of years ago when it was hard to keep up in here "literally". I think we are very close to a time period where we go through that again. It gets very fun in here when we are within 3 days and are picking apart and discecting EVERY run (which within 3 days it's like every couple of hours............haha.

Burger,

Are you talking about the Euro ensembles or the Euro weeklies? I ask because the ones I see don't have temperatures per se...they have anomalies

Anyway, my take is that the brand new Euro weeklies look similarly chilly and wet to the prior run for much of the E US for the entire four week period. Also, the west based -NAO and the -AO blocks look impressive. Another absolutely excellent run for SE winter lovers.

Keep in mind that the runs from late November looking out at Dec. were mainly warm. So, they did pretty well with the warm 1st three weeks of Dec.

I'm talking about the Euro Weeklies, they have 2m temps and 850's. 850's don't sink down to low but the cold 2m temps do go a good bit south on the run. Also basing it partly on the snow maps. Granted they are not blockbusters but it is laying down snow with each storm that rolls through for NC. I'm still getting used to the maps so someone more seasoned is welcome to chime in here.

Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah.

And of course the "rant"...

And as bad parents? Our daughters can't wait every year to watch it and "Elf"

Bring on Dr No.

Those are both my go-to Christmas movies. Got 'em on blu ray!

This is for you Mr. Cold Rain - seeing as how you really dig some Cousin Eddie. This was something we had a little fun with a few days before the January 10-11 storm in 2011. We dubbed it the "Cousin Eddie Storm" as it looked like it would stay a while (which it did):

fpscea.png

Nice!! I think I got the old shaftola on that one.

Archived