BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to thank everyone for their obvious hard work and knowledgeable comments. I have learned so much just sitting back and reading everything. I especially appreciate the red taggers who take time from the busy schedule to drop a little knowledge for a noob like myself. I am blown away by the knowledge of many of the non red taggers also. You guys and gals ROCK! I have so much fun here and check up on the boards every hour. My inner weenie (get your mind out of the gutter) absolutely love the runs from today! I know it will change but it is fun to look at! I can't wait for someone to start the thread about the New Years and after storms that could deliver some beautiful weather to my neck of the woods. I am so ready for this cold air to make its way to atlanta. Until then I will sit back and soak up what everyone is teaching me. Thanks again everyone! PS I am so glad BrierCreekWx has decided not to leave. I just can not understand why losers come to places like this for the sole reason to bash people. People like that must live a miserable life.

Very interesting run. Future runs will be fun to watch. Not banking or considering this a trend, way too much optimism in the disco thread. Probably why we get a few grumpy folks after it changes.

:mapsnow:

Yeah. It will wobble back and forth on solutions and where it's gonna dump the white stuff but I don't think this thing is going away. Both the Euro and GFS sniffed it out way early and now we're under 200 hours. Someone will cash in from this and it'll be a Miller A. Book it, if not for the SE, for the MA.

Yeah. It will wobble back and forth on solutions and where it's gonna dump the white stuff but I don't think this thing is going away. Both the Euro and GFS sniffed it out way early and now we're under 200 hours. Someone will cash in from this and it'll be a Miller A. Book it, if not for the SE, for the MA.

I think your area has the best shot. If it does turn into a big low trekking across they tend to move north west with time...which would still put RDU in some play I would think.

I think if your looking for a repeat of the 18z...you are going to set yourself up for disappoint with the 0z GFS tonight.

Let's see.

Anyone latching on to any one solution will disappointed with the following run. Seriously if anything runs have trended towards a solution like the 18z today. There is equal chance it totally fizzles out and nothing happens as much as this is happening or an apps runner.

Weeklies look fantastic. Storm after storm laying down snow in NC. After 240 temps pretty much stay below 40 the entire time in NC.

Burger,

Are you talking about the Euro ensembles or the Euro weeklies? I ask because the ones I see don't have temperatures per se...they have anomalies

Anyway, my take is that the brand new Euro weeklies look similarly chilly and wet to the prior run for much of the E US for the entire four week period. Also, the west based -NAO and the -AO blocks look impressive. Another absolutely excellent run for SE winter lovers.

Keep in mind that the runs from late November looking out at Dec. were mainly warm. So, they did pretty well with the warm 1st three weeks of Dec.

Just so you know.... That question will never, never get old. Carry on good sir.

I literally say that several times a week. :). I'm actually watching Christmas Vacation and wrapping Christmas presents right now...well, not right now, cause I'm posting, but you know what I mean. :)

Thanks Burger and Larry. Great news indeed!

Burger,

Are you talking about the Euro ensembles or the Euro weeklies? I ask because the ones I see don't have temperatures per se...they have anomalies

Anyway, my take is that the brand new Euro weeklies look similarly chilly and wet to the prior run for much of the E US for the entire four week period. Also, the west based -NAO and the -AO blocks look impressive. Another absolutely excellent run for SE winter lovers.

Keep in mind that the runs from late November looking out at Dec. were mainly warm. So, they did pretty well with the warm 1st three weeks of Dec.

Sounds like they are matching up with the CFS, which is nice.

I want to thank everyone for their obvious hard work and knowledgeable comments. I have learned so much just sitting back and reading everything. I especially appreciate the red taggers who take time from the busy schedule to drop a little knowledge for a noob like myself. I am blown away by the knowledge of many of the non red taggers also. You guys and gals ROCK! I have so much fun here and check up on the boards every hour. My inner weenie (get your mind out of the gutter) absolutely love the runs from today! I know it will change but it is fun to look at! I can't wait for someone to start the thread about the New Years and after storms that could deliver some beautiful weather to my neck of the woods. I am so ready for this cold air to make its way to atlanta. Until then I will sit back and soak up what everyone is teaching me. Thanks again everyone! PS I am so glad BrierCreekWx has decided not to leave. I just can not understand why losers come to places like this for the sole reason to bash people. People like that must live a miserable life.

Welcome Dfalcon :)

So who wants to take bets on the 18z DGEX tonight?

:lol:

It has been nice these past couple of days watching fantasy snow, even if most of it hasn't been imby ^_^

Archived