• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

"On another note, I just got a PM from admin saying my promotion has expired and now I'm being demoted, what ever that means. :( I guess I shouldn't be sad though. I guess if I never knew I got promoted, I shouldn't be discouraged that I'm being demoted. :o"

CR, I expect it is like in sports....when the manager says you are doing a fine job and he supports you 100%, you know you are out. When he give you s^^t, and says your demoted, you are in fine shape! As long as you didn't get more money you didn't see, before you get less money, while getting the same money...well, hey, you're good to go :) T

They fixed the glitch. It'll just work itself out. I'm moving on down to Storage B now. At least I still have my stapler.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Americans feeling their first wintry blast of the season on Wednesday could take some comfort from this: In Moscow it felt like 10 below – part of a week-long cold spell across Russia that has parts of Siberia feeling like 50 below.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/19/16022433-deep-freeze-across-russia-dips-to-50-below-at-least-45-die?lite=

Hey, man! I'm just inside the Spalding county line nw of Griffin! Kind of between SunnySide and Experiment. Sorry you got stuck down here in summer, unless you love the heat and humidity, lol. Winter's better!! In 73 when the Macon cannon ball came through, I think Milner got a few inches, or more. Orchard Hill, just up the road got an inch from that one. Griffin, got what Atl. got...deep despair :) Summer weather down here is far more fearce than I saw in midtown Atl. I've been way closer to tornadoes, for one thing, except for the Governor's tornado in Atl. that went down not too far away from where I was in Buckhead, and while I slept through a tree taking out the bedroom across the hall, lol. Ah,, the 70's!! To wake up and see sky though the other bedroom roof, lol. And oak limbs caressing the dayglo painted walls.

Yep, it is cool down here, but it sure has grown since I came down from Atlanta in the early 80's. Milner too, if you haven't been in a while. And I've seen way too much drought down here. The one in the mid to late 80's was the worse yet. The reservour was down to a few inches, and that was Griffin's drinking source. They pumped water in from the Flint, to bump up the lake, when they could, but then the Flint was way down too. Maybe you were summering here then?

Yep, winter is far better down here than summer :) I've actually seen deeper snow, some great sleet storms, and half as bad a zmonster (and that's saying something) down here as I did in Atlanta, where I was born, and lived until I came down here. And there is no rat race down here, though Atlanta is trying hard to get us in it's clutches...and mostly suceeding.

I figured you had to be right around the Griffin area. Growing up, as soon as my baseball season ended, I was on my way to Milner. I couldn't wait to get down there, in the country surrounded by pecan trees. The heat and humidity never really bothered me and still doesn't. My other grandmother is still in Barnesville so I was just there in July. You're right, that area sure has grown. Talking about heat and humidity, after high school I moved to Douglas, Ga. (Coffee County). I could only handle it there for about 3 years before I moved to Marietta. I stayed in the Atlanta area for 6 years before moving back to Raleigh. Atlanta was a lot of fun when I was single :beer: but once I got married it was time to move.... ;) .

WxSouth saying models are trending further south with the storm around Christmas. Might not get anything out of it but rain here but I am really encouraged out the end of this month and the start of January. Allan Huffman sounded optimistic in his blog today, too, saying there could be multiple storm systems the beginning of January. I think the trend and pattern look great and the end of this month and start of Jan could be rocking.

I figured you had to be right around the Griffin area. Growing up, as soon as my baseball season ended, I was on my way to Milner. I couldn't wait to get down there, in the country surrounded by pecan trees. The heat and humidity never really bothered me and still doesn't. My other grandmother is still in Barnesville so I was just there in July. You're right, that area sure has grown. Talking about heat and humidity, after high school I moved to Douglas, Ga. (Coffee County). I could only handle it there for about 3 years before I moved to Marietta. I stayed in the Atlanta area for 6 years before moving back to Raleigh. Atlanta was a lot of fun when I was single :beer: but once I got married it was time to move.... ;) .

You might want to plan a winter trip this year :) Occasionally being closer to the gulf, brings great rewards. And my feelers have been all a tingle for weeks now that I'm getting a gulf tap on these storms. You might get more in Raleigh, but you'll be snowed in without power much longer down here, lol. Glad your grandmom is still down here. It's great to get to return to a place that holds fond memories!

So you are saying Hotlanta is more fun than Raleigh? Surely not, lol. Oddly, I've spent a lot of time in N.C. but always in summer too...go figure. Winter is when I should have been up there. I've tried to go to SnoJoe's Winter Fashion Model Parties more than once, but the guard never lets me up to his mountain top hide away. Joe tells me it's because of miscommunications, but I'm getting suspicious, lol.

Haven't heard a thing from Joe for months and months.. guess they finally got enough against him to hold him, lol. T

:weenie: Weenie question inbound....

My wife is driving to Upstate NY to spend the holidays with her family. I get to stay here and babysit a bunch of dogs and cats 'cause boarding all EIGHT costs too much. No, but I do luv the critters more than I do most of her family.

She's planning to leave tomorrow around noon, stop overnight @ a motel, then finish the trip to Binghamton on Saturday. She'll be driving into snow up there on Saturday, huh?

:weenie: Weenie question inbound....

My wife is driving to Upstate NY to spend the holidays with her family. I get to stay here and babysit a bunch of dogs and cats 'cause boarding all EIGHT costs too much. No, but I do luv the critters more than I do most of her family.

She's planning to leave tomorrow around noon, stop overnight @ a motel, then finish the trip to Binghamton on Saturday. She'll be driving into snow up there on Saturday, huh?

My girlfriend's family is all from Binghamton NY. According to the NAM it shouldn't be much she will be driving into especially for that area. Maybe 2 inches after it's all said and done.

Archived